Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an old very basic OBDII code reader. Autel, it just gives the codes and let me reset them, no additional info, I think I bought for around $20 years ago.

However, turns out it does not seem to work with my 2017 Pilot, it always ends with an error something like "Link Error!" or "Linking Error!".

What are folks using here to scan/read codes from a 3rd gen Pilot? Any good recommendations?

Thanks

·
Registered
2020 Pilot Black Edition - Trailer hitch & Harness, All-weather Mats, cargo mat, and Black Emblems
132 Posts
Blue Driver....simply awesome. I highly recommended. Syncs directly to your phone, and you can very easily export all the scan files in .pdf files.

·
Registered
2020 Pilot Black Edition - Trailer hitch & Harness, All-weather Mats, cargo mat, and Black Emblems
132 Posts
Definitely amazing tool. Scotty is definitely the man (and this Scotty DOES know). Ok I’ll see myself out lol

·
Registered
47 Posts
Not all code readers are alike. The more you pay, the more you tend to get. Do you want to be able to reset ABS codes? Transmission codes? Do you want realtime diagnostic monitoring? Some are Bluetooth capable and will work with an app on your laptop. It takes a bit of searching and reading to know what you want out of your code reader, then deciding how much to pay.

·
Registered
98 Posts
ScanGageII on my 2018 EX, used mostly for transmission and engine coolant temps but does a lot more including clearing error codes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts