Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a curious question. While i was washing my Pilot i noticed that there are no antenna's showing on the Pilot? Just out of curiosity is this the first car or suv to have it that way?

·
Registered
900 Posts
The antenna is in the fixed glass on the left side, back window

·
Registered
263 Posts
and the GPS antenna is in the dash, just above the NAV display.

·
Registered
797 Posts
So where does the XM Radio antenna go?

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Apparently there is also an antenna amplifier between the headliner and the roof.

·
Registered
136 Posts
RE: cell antenna

airgate said:

:p :p :p ;) And here's our cell phone antenna!
Do you think you get that much better cell reception with the outside antenna. I have heard pro and con on their use. What do you think????????????????
Regards,
Bob :rolleyes:

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Antennas

The GPS antenna is IN the dash, you willnot see it unless you take the Nav display unit out.

Cell antennas are a big point of discussion in the indurstry.
If the phone is designed to take advantage of an external antenna, and you use a good one without too much cable it will help.
There are enough bad cell phones, bad cell phone holders (or other external antenna atachments) and bad cell phone abtennas out there to make any particular set up either better or worse than just using it with the phone antenna.

So in the end, buy good stuff, and you are ahead of the game.

·
Registered
138 Posts
hermdawg99 said:
Just out of curiosity is this the first car or suv to have it that way?
Nope, Antennas in the glass is nothing new. My Dad's 1960 something Grand Prix had the antenna in the front windshield.

·
Registered
154 Posts
my 71 El Camino has it installed in the windshield and the 95 530IT has it installed in the rear side window just like the Pilot

1 - 12 of 12 Posts