Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Does anyone have any recommendations where to purchase maintenance items online such as engine oil/filter, air and cabin filters, rear diff. oil and washers, etc? Does anyplace sell this stuff in kits?

Thanks,

Pat

·
Registered
11,501 Posts
I got filters from Hondapartsnow.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I buy lots of maintainace items from Rockauto.
I get my oil and MaxLife ATF shipped to my house for free from Wal-Mart. I dunno any place that sells oil at a better price than they do.

Reactions: plplplpl

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,323 Posts
I get my oil and MaxLife ATF shipped to my house for free from Wal-Mart.
I make an outing out of it. :)

That way I can also pick out my own bananas, rather than have to accept the bashed up ones they pick out for me.

I dunno any place that sells oil at a better price than they do.

Canadian Tire does, but only when it's on sale. However, since they're a kind of Advance Auto, O'Reilly and Harbor Freight all rolled into one, they don't carry bananas. Also may be a bit of a commute for some of y'all.

·
Registered
11,501 Posts

That way I can also pick out my own bananas, rather than have to accept the bashed up ones they pick out for me.

Canadian Tire does, but only when it's on sale. However, since they're a kind of Advance Auto, O'Reilly and Harbor Freight all rolled into one, they don't carry bananas. Also may be a bit of a commute for some of y'all.
Oh yeah, tires from Tirerack or Amazon.

·
Registered
11,501 Posts

Ya, we still mask up to get our food. Especially for our fresh vegetables. @andywatson saw the delivery man drop off auto parts with booger hands. I don't want extra green on my avocados.
We don't buy to many grocery items from Wal-Mart. Maybe soap, cleaning supplies pet food. I don't mind shipping dog and cat food with the Shell Rotella Gas Truck oil 5qt ($21).

Reactions: ys1219 and plplplpl

·
Registered
2016 EXL AWD Nav with sensing , 2008 Corolla SE
869 Posts
Hard to beat Rock Auto's prices. Walmart has the best price on fluids up here but they have limited selection in our smaller store here.

·
Registered
11,501 Posts
I may give this oil a try. I have used their T6 15W40 for years in my bikes as it is one of the few oils that are JASO MA rated
I use T6 too, so when I saw this video, I was an easy sell. The lower evaporation won me over. We were having to top off between oil changes using Mobil 1.
My other reasons...

·
Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,878 Posts
I buy a lot locally.

2020 Passport Cabin Air Filter on line, $15.33 + $11.25 shipping.

Locally $21.65 + $0.50 in gas. Dealership has a second repair shop 2 miles away.

You do the math, plus if I get the wrong part or it is damaged I can take care of it in a few minuets, not days.

·
Registered
11,501 Posts
I buy a lot locally.

2020 Passport Cabin Air Filter on line, $15.33 + $11.25 shipping.

Locally $21.65 + $0.50 in gas. Dealership has a second repair shop 2 miles away.

You do the math, plus if I get the wrong part or it is damaged I can take care of it in a few minuets, not days.
With the Covid-19 spreading again, I'm buying online. You can plan ahead for an air filter, cabin air or oil filter. For multiple vehicles and items, you can save big time. Especially on spark plugs, timing belt water kit, serp belt, hoses etc. Never had a problem getting credit for damaged goods. Just be careful on fitment issues. Make sure you order the right part #.

·
Administrator
4,878 Posts
With the Covid-19 spreading again, I'm buying online. You can plan ahead for an air filter, cabin air or oil filter. For multiple vehicles and items, you can save big time. Especially on spark plugs, timing belt water kit, serp belt, hoses etc. Never had a problem getting credit for damaged goods. Just be careful on fitment issues. Make sure you order the right part #.
I don't care for a fleet, just a 2020 Passport, 2016 Rogue and a 2001 PU. My needs are very little at this point. If you are ordering enough online can save money, and we do, when it is cheaper than local, but one has to pay the attention to their buying.

·
Registered
11,501 Posts
I don't care for a fleet, just a 2020 Passport, 2016 Rogue and a 2001 PU. My needs are very little at this point. If you are ordering enough online can save money, and we do, when it is cheaper than local, but one has to pay the attention to their buying.
😷

·
Administrator
4,878 Posts
I bet I have more masks than you have shop rags. Plus all of them are NEW, CLEAN and sanitized. 😆

I love having a washer and dryer that both have sanitize settings.

Plus I only go out when needed, usually on Friday for groceries and anything else we might need. Besides we have Oklahoma between Us and TEXAS!

·
Registered
2016 EXL AWD Nav with sensing , 2008 Corolla SE
869 Posts
I will support local businesses as much as possible but when it is half the price online, I will get it there and I also try and plan ahead to take advantage of free delivery. Most online retailers will ship free if the order is over $100.

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot EX-L 2013 Honda Pilot EX-L
1,593 Posts
I enjoy going to stores and looking at everything myself. My local NAPA has great employees and I have always bought brakes, filters, wipers and oil there. I actually just bought front brakes on Rockauto for the first time. We'll see if they are as good as NAPA. I saved about $60. Usually I'll spend the extra to support a local smaller business but I'm out of town and chose to buy the brakes early. I buy transmission fluid and other odd parts at the dealer. My local dealer only charges $6/qt for DW1 which is better than anything on amazon plus I don't have to pay shipping.

·
Registered
2019 Pilot EX-L AWD, 265-60-18 Defender LTX M/S
642 Posts
Autozone and Advance usually have the 20% off buy online, pick up in store (5 minutes away for both). I use RockAuto for many filters/plugs/parts. One commercial Autozone by me will match Rock Auto with shipping for same part # and I can get right then. I just got a new 02 sensor $89 on Rock, $184 at Autozone normally, they matched it. BJ's/Walmart/Costco for many oil things. And then of course AMAZON.

For Nail Grease- from BJ's, I bought 5 as I only use it in my Sonata and OPE.

·
Registered
11,501 Posts
Autozone and Advance usually have the 20% off buy online, pick up in store (5 minutes away for both). I use RockAuto for many filters/plugs/parts. One commercial Autozone by me will match Rock Auto with shipping for same part # and I can get right then. I just got a new 02 sensor $89 on Rock, $184 at Autozone normally, they matched it. BJ's/Walmart/Costco for many oil things. And then of course AMAZON.

For Nail Grease- from BJ's, I bought 5 as I only use it in my Sonata and OPE.
View attachment 138163
Wow! o_O What a deal!

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Hard to beat Rock Auto's prices. Walmart has the best price on fluids up here but they have limited selection in our smaller store here.
I went to Walmart for Valvoline Maxlife ATF, they were out of stock. Drove 20 miles to another WM, same problem! So I checked Amazon, and bought 4 quarts for the same price as the gallon at WM, and free delivery since I have Prime. Local auto stores want $30 a gallon, too much. 4 quarts on Amazon was under $20, including tax.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,323 Posts
I went to Walmart for Valvoline Maxlife ATF, they were out of stock. Drove 20 miles to another WM, same problem! So I checked Amazon, and bought 4 quarts for the same price as the gallon at WM, and free delivery since I have Prime. Local auto stores want $30 a gallon, too much. 4 quarts on Amazon was under $20, including tax.
I'm telling you, the promotion on this site alone is enough to cause the supply chain to struggle to keep up. :)

Check on Walmart's site before you leave home. Fortunately, I've got a doomsday stockpile.

·
Registered
11,501 Posts
I'm telling you, the promotion on this site alone is enough to cause the supply chain to struggle to keep up. :)

Check on Walmart's site before you leave home. Fortunately, I've got a doomsday stockpile.
Well if I can't get VML, then I'll be forced to use my back up stash. I've heard good things. Hopefully it mixes well with the VML left in the transmission.

Reactions: plplplpl
1 - 20 of 26 Posts