Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Also helpful if someone can give instructions on how to flush the coolant for the 2019 pilot.
Thanks

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,188 Posts
Also helpful if someone can give instructions on how to flush the coolant for the 2019 pilot.
Thanks
No offense, I'm going to get lamblasted for this one, but,
Why on earth would you flush coolant on a 2019?

Reactions: aggrex

·
Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,878 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Pilot Black Edition
185 Posts
They are all pretty much the same. How to Maintain and Flush a Cooling System So Your Car Doesn’t Overheat

You have to remove the right front wheel to get to the block drain plug. It will look like an oversized zerk. A hose to fit on the nipple is a nice addition to drain the coolant.

This is the view from a 2017 Ridgeline.
View attachment 140680
[/QUOTE
They are all pretty much the same. How to Maintain and Flush a Cooling System So Your Car Doesn’t Overheat

You have to remove the right front wheel to get to the block drain plug. It will look like an oversized zerk. A hose to fit on the nipple is a nice addition to drain the coolant.

This is the view from a 2017 Ridgeline View attachment 140680
(in addition to draining the petcock valve below the radiator)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No offense, I'm going to get lamblasted for this one, but,
Why on earth would you flush coolant on a 2019?
:LOL::LOL: Just being proactive, and curious. Since I just DIY from YouTube videos on my 2013.
Not doing it on the 2019 yet, but can’t find a video on how to do it for 2016-2019.

·
Registered
2020 Pilot Black Edition
185 Posts
Hey check out the attachment for the coolant replacement procedure, right from Honda. This is specifically for the 3rd Gens, but likely is similar for previous generations.

Attachments

·
Registered
886 Posts
Here is a post with a link to the Honda factory service manual for the 2016 Pilot. Most information will be the same for the 2019 Pilot or the 3rd generation Pilots.

2016 Service Manual

Reactions: zmarke01
1 - 9 of 9 Posts