Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

121 - 138 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
A potential mounting hole in the frame on the Front, LEFT side only too!
This is on my 08 SE FWD

Now I'm thinking about putting a bigger shackle in here. Seems it's more made to be a tow/pull point
My 2004 Pilot has them on both sides. On the side view there is similar hole that is reinforced and bolted to the frame. I’ll try to get a better pic later.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Unless the 08 is somehow different, you should have that also on the left side.
Since you’re creeping under your Pilot I’ll give you another first gen unicorn 🦄 to search for that has been discussed on the Piloteers before my time here. Some Pilots have provisions on the frame for this suspension reinforcement found on certain models using this design.
48D5DFAE-9A29-4915-956E-EC79C0B3DBBE.jpeg

·
Registered
8,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #123
Unless the 08 is somehow different, you should have that also on the left side.
Oh yes, I do. I'm just not sure what it is.

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
1,860 Posts
Since you’re creeping under your Pilot I’ll give you another first gen unicorn 🦄 to search for that has been discussed on the Piloteers before my time here. Some Pilots have provisions on the frame for this suspension reinforcement found on certain models using this design. View attachment 146078
This on on the rear though. My pic is the front drivers side, On my 08, the passenger side did not have this holes that I showed in the pic. Front drivers side, in front of the wheel area, right underneath.

Reactions: aggrex

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
A potential mounting hole in the frame on the Front, LEFT side only too!
This is on my 08 SE FWD

Now I'm thinking about putting a bigger shackle in here. Seems it's more made to be a tow/pull point?

Anyone else using this on their Gen 1?
I’d like to confirm these are the front recovery points on a first gen. Bolted on, double metal plates, large holes and found on both sides. I’ll probably sand , prime and paint them in the spring.
D14DF5AF-0590-4C07-B337-76FDE5450DCD.jpeg

·
Registered
8,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #127
I’d like to confirm these are the front recovery points on a first gen. Bolted on, double metal plates, large holes and found on both sides. I’ll probably sand , prime and paint them in the spring. View attachment 146235

I see you removed the plastic to expose those holes. Are you planning on mounting anything in them or to them?

·
Registered
8,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #128
My shackles with the ½" clevis pin finally arrived. Of course I went out and tried them and...

So I ordered one with a 3/8" pin. Gonna have to wait 'til that one gets here.

·
Registered
135 Posts
If you remove the black plastic trim underneath the very front of the bumper (that the tiny mounting loop D-ring pokes out of), you can loop the tow rope around that bar and then through itself. It won't completely center because of mounting loop, but its better than wrapping it around a control arm.

--Chris N.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
I see you removed the plastic to expose those holes. Are you planning on mounting anything in them or to them?
PlPl, my 08 FWD has this frame/holes/area readily exposed, no plastics taken off for this spot.

Reactions: Nail Grease

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
If you remove the black plastic trim underneath the very front of the bumper (that the tiny mounting loop D-ring pokes out of), you can loop the tow rope around that bar and then through itself. It won't completely center because of mounting loop, but its better than wrapping it around a control arm.

--Chris N.
Picture of said area please?

Reactions: Nail Grease

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
My shackles with the ½" clevis pin finally arrived. Of course I went out and tried them and...

So I ordered one with a 3/8" pin. Gonna have to wait 'til that one gets here.
My computations were that a 7/16 would fit. So for sure 3/8.

Reactions: plplplpl

·
Registered
1,860 Posts

·
Registered
8,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #135
So where in tarnation is this located, dag blan it? More pics, please. :)

I mean if the OEM "plastic crap (Scotty's words, not mine :)" is still completely intact.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
So where in tarnation is this located, dag blan it? More pics, please. :)

I mean if the OEM "plastic crap (Scotty's words, not mine :)" is still completely intact.
On my 08, it's near the front, about 2' back, on the left side.
As I said, on mine, it's NOT on the right side like that. Just behind where the lower plastics are.
OK, I looked at the picture I took and posted. The factory plastics are cut out to expose these points/holes.

On this picture however- maybe different year? The plastics look different?

I'm pretty sure it's the same spot though. Well, actually, the holes/cutouts in the metal look a little different too LOL. Same spot on the SUV though.

Reactions: plplplpl

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
it's right there in your picture! Middle left. Right under the 'in your' words! That hole in the pseudo frame

Reactions: plplplpl and aggrex
121 - 138 of 138 Posts