Votes: 10 17.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who Will Probably Be Your Main Service Provider?

Now that many of us have entered a service mode with our new Pilots, I was wondering who primarily you'll entrust your vehicle to for service work.

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
hey ziploc..with the problems you had posting this poll you should be in florida :2: :2: :2:

p.s. I have'nt got a service yet. Only have 2100 miles on it

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ramirami said:
hey ziploc..with the problems you had posting this poll you should be in florida :2: :2: :2:

p.s. I have'nt got a service yet. Only have 2100 miles on it
Yeah, the board is acting kind of squirrelly for me. I guess I finally managed to get something posted.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Re: Who Will Be Your Main Service Provider?

Ziploc said:
Now that many of us have entered a service mode with our new Pilots, I was wondering who you'll entrust your vehicle to on a regular basis for service work.
I use an independent garage right near work. I just drop the car off and he drives me to work and picks me up. Seems to be honest and reasonably competent.

Since I'm not a Pilot owner yet, I'm not voting in your poll.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I have 6 free oil changes coming from the dealer i purchased, I plan on using another dealer for all other work, and oil changes after the first 6 (5 left)

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
kemosabe said:
Ziploc: Did Criswell send you a coupon (or coupons) for an oil change and/or other service??? :confused:
They sent me a $19.95 coupon for oil/filter change and "19-point inspection"...suggesting I might want to bring in the Pilot for first service under the "Severe" maintenance schedule (3,750 mi.). I went ahead and took it in....I also wanted them to check out my radio reception problem, which they fixed under warranty.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
kemosabe said:
That's what I thought!! Darn, they (Criswell) didn't send me no stinkin' coupon...!!! :3: Oh well... :8:
Shoot, I thought they might make AT LEAST do the first oil change for free (like some others here have gotten).... Would have been a nice way to build customer goodwill.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
I'd never go back to the dealer I bought my Pilot from for anything. That place and especially the service manager digusts me.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I will use the dealer for major service items, But I have a place that I trust for oil changes, and as I use Mobil 1, Honda will not provide that. I also get tires rotated by the Discount Tire I have been dealing with for years. The rest my dealer will get, they even have a free loaner service for any car that is going to be in for more than 3 hours!

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
RipRocK said:
I'd never go back to the dealer I bought my Pilot from for anything. That place and especially the service manager digusts me.
RipRocK: Do I need to send "Tony and the boys" again??? :D Seriously, did you rate them on the "Dealer Ratings" section on the main honda-pilot.org web page? There's a comments section, too, just in case you need to, uh, vent... :4:

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
kemosabe said:
RipRocK:Do I need to send "Tony and the boys" again???:D
Nah, this is a personal one for me. I'd rather do the job myself ;)
Seriously, did you rate them on the "Dealer Ratings" section on the main honda-pilot.org web page? There's a comments section, too, just in case you need to, uh, vent... :4:
I want to do that, but the feature doesn't work yet for Canadian dealers. I mentioned it to an Admin when I visited the IRC chat sesseion, but it hasn't been set up yet.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I use an independent shop for anything other than warranty work.

Why? Because I trust the owner, all the mechanics are Master Certified, (which is seldom the case at any dealer), and usually the service is less expensive than at the dealer.

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Re: Floriday_Guy

Bigrob said:
Image my shock at learning that Florida_Guy was not performing his own maintenance! :D
If he did perform his own maintenance, then it would be another chapter in his misadventures saga that just cracks me up!!! ;) :p :) Poor guy... :D

·
Registered
180 Posts
Kemosable, "Image" my shock at Florida_Gay's self-maintenance routine... not imagine.

I'm disappointed you missed that. I expected an amusing likeness of Florida_Gay fumbling with his "tools".

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Bigrob said:
Kemosable, "Image" my shock at Florida_Gay's self-maintenance routine... not imagine.

I'm disappointed you missed that. I expected an amusing likeness of Florida_Gay fumbling with his "tools".
D'oh!!! Thought it was a typo....!!! BIG oops on my part!! Image the shock at kemosabe's missed chance at a photo op...!!! :p

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Bigrob said:

Don't worry, Bigrob, kemosabe will make up for this missed opportunity in his own special way! :18:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts