Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Pilot Touring
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve typically been able to source reputable independent mechanics locally for previous vehicles. Having some trouble finding one for Honda. Need timing belt/pulley/water pump etc and prefer those with experience specific to these vehicles. Anyone from Maine with a good reference? Anyone know of a resource for tracking down good independent mechanics in general?

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot EX-L 2013 Honda Pilot EX-L
1,582 Posts
If you have the Nextdoor app on your phone you can ask neighbors to recommend a good independent mechanic. People are pretty passionate when they love their mechanic and they want to share the name.
Otherwise I tend to trust NAPA auto care centers. Most dealers are good, although they’re pricey. So if you absolutely have to get something fixed or replaced don’t rule out the dealer. Where I live we have tons of really good independent mechanics but I know plenty of people who love our local Honda dealerships service department.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,259 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Pilot Touring
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
South Main Auto. Guy's really good.

No wait, that's in Lower Shelf, NY. :(

Where in Maine are you? I used to know someone studying at the University of Maine, and so I'd occasionally drive down to Bangor. :)

Seriously, there's Angie's List: Top 10 Auto Repair Mechanics Near Me

...and there's Yelp: https://www.yelp.com/search?find_desc=Auto Repair&find_loc=Bangor, ME, United States
I appreciate the feedback. I tend to shy away from the mass review sites given some of the inconsistent customer base. Have not use either Yelp or Angies but will check it out. I am half way between Portland and Augusta on 295 corridor.

·
Registered
2013 Pilot Touring
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you have the Nextdoor app on your phone you can ask neighbors to recommend a good independent mechanic. People are pretty passionate when they love their mechanic and they want to share the name.
Otherwise I tend to trust NAPA auto care centers. Most dealers are good, although they’re pricey. So if you absolutely have to get something fixed or replaced don’t rule out the dealer. Where I live we have tons of really good independent mechanics but I know plenty of people who love our local Honda dealerships service department.
Will check out that app, thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
2013 Pilot Touring
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ended up getting T belt done at PIP Pro Honda Windham, ME. Decent price and pretty good knowledge of the vehicle,

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,259 Posts
Ended up getting T belt done at PIP Pro Honda Windham, ME. Decent price and pretty good knowledge of the vehicle,
It that a dealership or an indie?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts