Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dumb question...

Just out of curiousity... where exactly do the side airbags come out from ? I don't see any lining or cover on the seat or door sill that would indicate this.

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
they come out from the seat...how I dont know....

Attachments

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ramirami said:
they come out from the seat...how I dont know....
that's exactly my question. If they come out of the seat, I don't see no lining or cover to show where. Does it just rip right through the leather!?!?

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
I would guess (and it's only a guess) that the seam on the side of the seatback is designed to split open when the side airbag inflates. Maybe?

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
RUFIO said:
that's exactly my question. If they come out of the seat, I don't see no lining or cover to show where. Does it just rip right through the leather!?!?
The side bolster of the seat is probably vinyl, and not leather. The seating surfaces are leather. My guess, and it's only a guess from seeing where the airbag is mounted in the lower, fat part of the seat back side section, is that the section in the seatback, under that hard plastic, is velcro'ed together, and that "seam" gets blown open from the airbag.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Check the side of your front seats. The airbag comes out of the seam where the tag is. The seam splits open as the airbag deploys.

Attachments

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I guess we'll have to wait for someone to get into an accident to see if the seams indeed split open.

·
Registered
225 Posts
is that really the size of the side bag? Man I feel better.
Whats it for, the little guy on Carnivale or what?

ciao
mooz
exlss

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Not Work Safe!!!

:awais: WARNING: Explicit photo below -- viewer discretion is advised!!! :awais:

mooz said:
is that really the size of the side bag? Man I feel better.
Whats it for, the little guy on Carnivale or what?

ciao
mooz
exlss
Acutally, the side airbags are a little bigger than that as the next picture shows...

Attachments

·
Registered
365 Posts
Re: Not Work Safe!!!

kemosabe said:
:awais: WARNING: Explicit photo below -- viewer discretion is advised!!! :awais:

Acutally, the side airbags are a little bigger than that as the next picture shows...
Disturbing Kemosabe. Funny, but disturbing nonetheless.:2:

·
Registered
165 Posts
tim.s said:
Check the side of your front seats. The airbag comes out of the seam where the tag is. The seam splits open as the airbag deploys.
So in the case of a deployment, are insurance companies saddled with the expense of replacing the entire leather seat cover or what? That might explain in part why my insurance cost rose more than I'd hoped when I replaced my 01 CR-V with the 03 Pilot.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
devin1955 said:
So in the case of a deployment, are insurance companies saddled with the expense of replacing the entire leather seat cover or what? ...
I would think that cost of replacing the seat cover would be minor in comparison to all of the other damage that would be sustained in the event of a collision serious enough to deploy it. And isn't your safety worth the cost of a seat cover? Besides - in a collision that serious, the driver's natural bodily reaction might necessitate a seat cover replacement anyway :D (or at least a really good cleaning);)

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Titans Fan said:
[ S N I P P E D ]

Besides - in a collision that serious, the driver's natural bodily reaction might necessitate a seat cover replacement anyway :D (or at least a really good cleaning);)
I think I'll hold off on posting a picture of Titans Fan's thoughts... :eek: :D

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
kemosabe said:
I think I'll hold off on posting a picture of Titans Fan's thoughts... :eek: :D

actually in these circumstances leatehr is easier to clean than cloth....I speak from experience ....I have a 6 month old ;) :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts