Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently got my 07 Pilot and wanted to get cross bars so that I could put a bike rack and maybe even a basket. I've looked around online at brands like Thule & Yakima and they are pretty expensive. I've looked into more cheaper options like on amazon but from what the reviews have said the quality isn't the best. I have even tried looking on offer up and ebay but haven't had much luck there either. I am hoping someone can help me out to find some decent cross bars for a reasonable price.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,306 Posts
Those are pretty much your options.

New OEM is pretty much discontinued.

Crossbars for 2007 Honda Pilot | Honda Parts Online

08L04-S9V-100A - Genuine Honda Parts

Unless you can get lucky (and are patient) and score some locally on Craigslist or Kijiji, like I did for mine and for my daughter's, your current options are eBay pre-owned and eBay cloned.

03-08 Honda Pilot Cross Bars OEM roof rack bars. cross rack bars | eBay

For 03-08 Honda Pilot Black Roof Rack Cross Bar OE Style Luggage Carrier Bar | eBay

FOR 03-08 HONDA PILOT OE STYLE ALUMINUM ROOF RACK RAIL CROSS BAR LUGGAGE CARRIER | eBay

·
Registered
10,306 Posts
And believe you me, you're going to be glad to have the attached instructions, as I discovered what should be an intuitive install was not.

Attachments

·
Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,877 Posts
Recently got my 07 Pilot and wanted to get cross bars so that I could put a bike rack and maybe even a basket. I've looked around online at brands like Thule & Yakima and they are pretty expensive. I've looked into more cheaper options like on amazon but from what the reviews have said the quality isn't the best. I have even tried looking on offer up and ebay but haven't had much luck there either. I am hoping someone can help me out to find some decent cross bars for a reasonable price.
Well if you look around you may not need the cross bars. I have a Surco basket for my Passport. Doesn't need cross rails. https://www.etrailer.com/Roof-Basket/Surco-Products/SPS4550-1101.html. There is even a bike rack accessory for the basket. Safari Bike Rack | Surco Inc Products

This would be the recommended basket for the 07 Pilot: https://www.etrailer.com/Roof-Basket/Surco-Products/SPS5060-1101.html

Plus the rack is easily removable when not needed. Just a thought.

·
Registered
576 Posts
If you're using it regularly, a "value" rooftop system is false economy, in my opinion. Yakima and Thule components are often available at second-hand sports stores and on Craigslist for half price. They never wear out, and you can sell them for what you paid.

·
Registered
10,306 Posts
Hey OP, you're in luck. We have a member that forgot that his glasses were on his forehead the whole time, so to speak. :)

·
Registered
2007 EX-L
427 Posts
I did forget those.. Actually, I left my 10mm deep socket on the back seat of the one in the junkyard. I hate when I do things like that.

·
Registered
10,306 Posts
Me, too -- always the 10mm I'm misplacing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey OP, you're in luck. We have a member that forgot that his glasses were on his forehead the whole time, so to speak. :)

thank you for letting me know :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts