Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks!! I am selling my beloved S2000 for a Pilot possibly.

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
F1 Tech said:
Thanks!! I am selling my beloved S2000 for a Pilot possibly.
Can't tell you about "under MSRP" since it's been 6 months since I purchased mine... but I was able to get mine AT MSRP at Criswell Honda in Germantown -- have you tried them?

·
Registered
20 Posts
We bought our Pilot from College Park Honda for $1,000 off MSRP. We dealt strictly with the internet salesperson, who was very low-key and laid-back. Make sure you contact him first through the website rather than going into the dealership and dealing with a normal salesperson. Everything was as promised, he even threw in mud flaps and wheel locks for no charge. It's the best deal I found for the immediate area. Others have obtained better deals by ordering from out-of-state and having the Pilot shipped to them. Good luck.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Run a search on this board for "MSRP" and "DC" -- you find one or two threads discussing your issue.

Good luck. You will love the car.

fitzkorn

·
Registered
283 Posts
I got mine for $800 under MSRP and all my accesories for over half off at Pohanka Honda in Marlow Heights. If you go there ask for Reggie Mack. He was a really nice salesman.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Re: Re: Where can I get a Pilot under MSRP in the D.C. area

kemosabe said:

Can't tell you about "under MSRP" since it's been 6 months since I purchased mine... but I was able to get mine AT MSRP at Criswell Honda in Germantown -- have you tried them?
I purchased my Pilot EX from Criswell Honda (Germantown) this past December for about $750 under MSRP, no accessories installed except wheel locks. We also got Criswell to come down on the installed accessory prices they had said would be their best deal, though I still think we paid too much for the accessories.

The salesman we dealt with (Frank) was very attentive and very good at following up to make sure we were satisfied after the purchase.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll try College Park and Criswell. I called Hersons and they are selling them at MSRP. :(

·
Registered
196 Posts
I got mine for MSRP @ College Park Honda in Aug. You might want to move future questions to the DC Area clubpage. It's been inactive for a while, this is the the type of discussion we need to get it going again.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Trick question-- trick answer:

DC area ?

Sort of.

I strongly recommend Faulkner Honda of Harrisburg, PA.

We accepted e-bids from dealers in the mid-Atlantic region on a Pilot EX-L. Faulkner quoted $33,050 (complete)-- a price that only one other local dealer could come close to and nearly everyone else simply could not touch.

We ended-up with an EX-L RES (in our 1st color choice) for around $500 under MSRP.

Faulkner drove the Pilot down to us and we signed all the paperwork at our dining room table (!!!)

Do a Google search for Faulkner Honda and give them a call.
Ask for Terry Sgrignoli and ask Terry if he's sold any Pilots to customers in Alexandria, VA lately :4:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I really don't want to pay MSRP for anymore Hondas.

My wife's 02 CRV - MSRP
My Dad's 03 Pilot - MSRP
My S2000 - MSRP

I just want to get a good deal.:(

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
tledjazz said:
I got mine for MSRP @ College Park Honda in Aug. You might want to move future questions to the DC Area clubpage. It's been inactive for a while, this is the the type of discussion we need to get it going again.
Actually, we probably should get that D.C. area forum going every once in a while since there seems to be quite a few of us around...!!! :4: :17:

·
Registered
138 Posts
I got mine from Pohanka Honda as well. $500 under MSRP and they tossed in the cargo trey, wheel locks and stripe for free.

Speaking of the DC area forum, anyone interested in getting together and having some type of "Pilot meet"? WhatUsay?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Bought mine from Browns Honda in Arlington. Bought an EX-L with some accessories for about $900 under MSRP. Sales people there were fine.

As for Pohanka Honda, I had a really bad experience with them. The sales guy's name was Mike something or other. They quoted me an unbelievable price on an EX-L, asked me to come out that day and sign (which I gladly was going to do). Calls me back to say they actually just sold that vehicle and an identical one would arrive in about 2 weeks. 2.5 weeks later, I have to call and he says it won't be in for another 5 weeks because he accidently ordered and LX! As I begin to let him know how irate I was, he tells me the real reason it's not in is because his manager will no longer honor the price they gave me, even though they guaranteed it. Absolutely ridiculously unethical sales tactics! Would have pursued this further but I found Browns with the exact one I wanted for a little more dough, so I thought no wait period was worth it.

·
Registered
138 Posts
esaydam said:
As I begin to let him know how irate I was, he tells me the real reason it's not in is because his manager will no longer honor the price they gave me, even though they guaranteed it.
esaydam - Did you have a buyer's order or something in writing? The salesman should have been up front with you and that was unethical. However, if you didn't have anything in writing then you didn't have much of a leg to stand on.

·
Registered
283 Posts
esaydam: I think Mike might be the ex-police man that works there. My fiance and I had a run in with him when we first started looking. My fiance called to see if they had any Sage Pilots. He said "No we have 2 silver ones and a couple graphite ones just off the truck. Well I knew there wasn't a "graphite" color on Honda's website so I called them back. This is when I got Reggie. He went and checked the color for me and looked up the name of the color. He admitted he wasn't real familiar with the Pilot yet and I told him I would be on my way to look at the Pilot.

When we got there the person my fiance had talked to on the phone tried to steal Reggie's commission. They almost got in a drag out fight right on the show room floor. Personally I thought it was funny and explained to the manager that we never made an appointment with this other gentleman and only called asking what color Pilots they had on their lot. He told use the wrong color so I called back and asked the next available salesman.

I really don't think I would of bought the Pilot at Pohanka if I had that other gentleman as my salesman. I guess it just depends on the luck of the draw when you walk in as to which shark gets to you first. :p

·
Registered
33 Posts
Rainbowslim said:
esaydam - Did you have a buyer's order or something in writing? The salesman should have been up front with you and that was unethical. However, if you didn't have anything in writing then you didn't have much of a leg to stand on.
No, I guess I have my inexperience with car buying to blame for this one. After they said they couldn't honor it, they still gave me a below MSRP quote on paper with Auto Day/Night mirror, mud guards, and cargo cover thrown in for free. I took this to Browns and used it there as a starting point for haggling.

Worked out ok in the end but man, this guy, Mike was clueless. First, I told him I wanted the Red EX with grey leather but I told him I swas concerned about the interior because I saw a picture in Consumer Reports of a Red Pilot with grey leather seats but tan dash and interior! I thought this looked weird so I asked him to check what color the dash and carpets come in. He calls me back and says I'm right, that's how it comes, with the tan dash but grey seats and that's how I decided on the Silver instead. Come to find out when I get to Browns, that the Red comes with grey leather and grey dash and carpets, like you would expect! But I still decided on the Silver after looking at both. Mike and his manager that wouldn't honor the price made the entire dealership seem shady and underhanded.

·
Registered
33 Posts
PaulV7, that is a hilarious story! Very fitting for that guy!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts