Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can someone please help me with this, i have just bought one from Honda, got it home and couldn't believe they wanted me a PILOT owner to drill holes into my car, are they nuts? So ofcourse I found this site after the fact, so please someone help me.

Thanks

·
Registered
61 Posts
Str8paid said:
can someone please help me with this, i have just bought one from Honda, got it home and couldn't believe they wanted me a PILOT owner to drill holes into my car, are they nuts? So ofcourse I found this site after the fact, so please someone help me.

Thanks
I ordered mine from Tim at hondacuraworld.com. It looks great and it's a very easy install! Tim's # is 1-888-RAY-LAKS

·
Registered
449 Posts

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Str8paid said:

Thanks
I personally purchased the WeatherTech® Easy-On Stone & Bug Deflector. It was easy to install, and was only $ 54.95 + $ 12.00 for Shipping & Handling.

Here is the link.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Re: Re: Where can I find a form fit air deflector?

SteveLuman said:

I personally purchased the WeatherTech® Easy-On Stone & Bug Deflector.
Steve, does the WeatherTech flex in the center as some here have reported with the FormFit?

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Where can I find a form fit air deflector?

hop23 said:

Steve, does the WeatherTech flex in the center as some here have reported with the FormFit?
It flexes at higher speeds, but it comes nowhere near to touching the hood.

·
Registered
234 Posts
BTW, the Lund Deflector is a rigid stand-off design and stays a considerable distance from the hood. It does not require any bump-ons and allows easy access to clean, dry and Zaino all parts of the hood. No noticable flexing at high speed.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Where can I find a form fit air deflector?

SteveLuman said:

I agree with Steve. The Weathertech probably doesn't require the bump-ons, but I'm putting them on anyway, just in case.

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
Here's where I put the bumpons on my Form Fit deflector, one on each side:

Attachments

·
Registered
964 Posts
jay said:
Here's where I put the bumpons on my Form Fit deflector, one on each side:
I understood that the bumpons should be attached to the car, not to the deflector. I thought that this was so the bumpon would not run the paint. :confused:

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
smurray said:
I understood that the bumpons should be attached to the car, not to the deflector. I thought that this was so the bumpon would not run the paint. :confused:
It is attached to the car. The Form Fit deflector's fit in those corners is a tight one, so both bumpons are under pressure.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Where can I find a form fit air deflector?

SteveLuman said:

After having mine on for a month, I inspected it while pumping gas the other day, and I now know that it does touch in the center. There is a little scuff mark on the hood right in the middle where the deflector flexes in the wind. :3: It didn't wipe off with my wet finger, so it isn't dirt. I'm going to have to buy a rubber bump-on to add to the middle section tomorrow.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I don't think they do. I searched for the formfit website and couldn't find it.
If you want a clear one you're probably going to have to go with the Lund one.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I installed the Lund Interceptor on my 04 Pilot. I liked it because it sets a small distance off of the hood so you can wash or wax in behind the deflector. Took me about 5 minutes to install and no notible flexing at 75 mph. I had one of these on my Ranger and was very pleased with it. :1:

·
Registered
793 Posts
Deflector Rubbing

Hey nykwan!

I also feel your pain.

I just got back today from a 1500 mile trek to the OBX. I put my deflector on a month ago and we were really able to test the FormFit Deflector while on vacation. But when I washed my Pilot when we got home I noticed the same marks in the center of the hood where it rubbed. It was very windy traveling to and on Hatteras Island.
Let me know if and where you find the bump-ons. Otherwise the deflector looks and works great.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Re: Deflector Rubbing

Pilot-Matt said:
Hey nykwan!

I also feel your pain.

I just got back today from a 1500 mile trek to the OBX. I put my deflector on a month ago and we were really able to test the FormFit Deflector while on vacation. But when I washed my Pilot when we got home I noticed the same marks in the center of the hood where it rubbed. It was very windy traveling to and on Hatteras Island.
Let me know if and where you find the bump-ons. Otherwise the deflector looks and works great.
:3:
I still haven't had the time to go look for the bumpons yet. But I was going to go look at Home Depot when I got the chance. I know they carry the clear, tiny ones because I bought them long time ago to put on the kitchen cabinet doors. Just one of those would keep the deflector from hitting the hood anymore, and probably reduce the flexing.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts