Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

Have you seen another Pilot in the wild yet?

• I have not seen another Pilot in the wild

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • I have seen at least one other Pilot in the wild

Votes: 49 90.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in a big city but I must live in the wrong part of town. If it weren't for this board I might doubt whether anyone other than me had ever actually bought a Pilot.

CRV's are crawling around me everywhere, but I have still not seen a single Pilot in the wild. I have a relatively short commute every morning but I have taken a few weekend trips without seeing another Pilot.

Am I the only one for whom it seems there's only one? :D

P.S. The poll closes in 14 days.

·
Registered
919 Posts
I see about 1 every 2 weeks.

·
Registered
900 Posts
We've only seen two. Since about June 20. Both sightings were in the last 2-3 weeks.

P.S. Make that three. I remember I saw a Starlight Silver in a parking lot a while back. On the street I saw a Taffeta White and a Nighthawk Black Pearl.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I've seen five that I can think of in the past two months. They were all different colors except for two SS's, one with MD plates and one with PA, so I'm not even seeing the same ones twice.

·
Registered
116 Posts
We have seen two in Houston since we bought our car. The first one
was sighted in Pearland (a black EX) and the second one at Veterans Memorial (a SS LX).

·
Registered
206 Posts
Up until this week...

we had seen very few. Three since June, to be exact, and two were on a 400 mile road trip.

Now I see them everywhere, including parked next to me (two in different lots, on the same day!). Now if only I could get mine. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
289 Posts
I see three

on a regular basis. White, black and forest green.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Two in Three Months

I agree without this forum I'd have to wonder if anyone else was Piloting. Have only seen two in three months.

Same thing happened with my '97 CRV. Easy to find in parking lots for a while but everyone in town who knows you also knows where you are! ;)

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have seen a silver EX in my neighborhood, a white EX in my office parking garage and a red EX on the highway on the way home.

Silver LX, Houston.
:31:

·
Registered
494 Posts
I've only seen two on the streets. A Black Pearl in Las Vegas, Nevada and a Havasu Blue in Mesa, Arizona.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I've seen other Pilots 3-4 days a week. The most I've seen in one day is 3. This does not count driving by our Honda Dealer! :D

Mostly Silver or Black. Less frequently Red or Green. I saw my first havasu blue yesterday.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've seen 6 Pilots in the last week (San Fernando Valley- Southern California). 4 Silver, 1 Black & 1 Red. I also have 2 neighbors who have Silver ones.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I finally saw another Pilot yesterday, 9/22! :2:

I was in Frosty, my white Pilot, at the time.

I can't change my vote in the poll but wanted everyone to know.

The other Pilot was Redrock. I thought the color looked very good.

I honked and waived. They smiled but did not waive. This was only the second in-the-wild Pilot that my wife had seen.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Looks like you are in the wrong part of the city.
It is just over two weeks since we bought our Pilot and already
seen couple of Pilots.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Silver pilots everywhere

Live in a small town in B.C Canada, and man.. the only ones I have seen are silver! all dealers will only order silver unless you order one and wait.. I ordered the blue, and it will be in in October.

I have only seen 1 pilot so far in Terrace... but I have a feeling in 2004 there will be at leat 100..

take care
rob

·
Registered
171 Posts
I've seen waaaaaay too many to count. Must be the wrong part of town or something.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Where are they???

I've only seen one other Pilot in nearly a month and it was Evergreen Pearl - maybe they only come out after midnight???:13: :13: :13: :13: :13:

·
Registered
180 Posts
I bumped into a fellow Piloteer at the local Supermarket parking lot in Marlboro New Jersey. We both stopped, opened our windows and started chatting. Of course the honking started from the cars behind us so we both parked and continued our conversation. I mentioned the recall and checked his vin to see if he was part of it. I also mentioned some of the other things to look out for. He was wondering where I was getting all of this great information from, so I of course mentioned this site. I never did get his name, I wonder is he joined or if he is a lurker.

I've seen several in the wild, all Silver. I did see a Sagebrush in Philly the other day. My wife sees a Silver occasionally parked at the kids karate school.

With 75,000-80,000 being made for the USA and Canada, I doubt we will be seeing a lot of Pilots on the road. It kind of makes us special.... :cool:

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Somebody else in my building here at work has bought a Pilot. That make three in the parking lot here!

Black EX-L with Foglights
Black EX-L RES with sidesteps, hitch and mud guards

My Evergreen EX with mud guards & hitch

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm seeing them....

I've seen one of every color in the wild except for my color of choice: sagebrush. Maybe I'll be just that much more special.

(I'm a unique and beautiful snowflake)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts