Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where can we find mods for the 3rd gens?

Intake
Exhaust
Chip

I know there isn't a TC or SC, yet, but these are pretty low hanging fruit for Honda.

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,063 Posts
AND, most no body does that to their Pilots.

While I've had other vehicles and Forum/Boards be all about 'modding' their - 'x,y,z'

You could put a 'cat back' on it, change the sound, and potentially loose 2-5 RWHP,- Oh, I forgot I'm on the Pilot age, loose 2-5 FWHP! LOL

In reality, the intake, exhaust, and even the ECU's fuel maps are getting a lot out of the motor for perfomance/mpg, etc.

I have a GSX-R1000, for my 'need for speed'.

This is only MY opinion though. Stick around, more will chime in

·
Registered
401 Posts
I'm with @The Todd. Modern direct inject motors are so efficient, there are no "cheap gains" to be had. The only true option for more performance is to add forced induction, and with all the other components that have to be changed to go with it a full engine swap/custom job may well be less of a headache. On cars that have turbos from the factory, you can just up the boost a bit without changing too much more and get nice gains.

In short, there is no market/demand for it because the (high) cost doesn't justify the (poor) results. (Also, the enthusiasts like us that have traded in the sports car for the family car are hard to satisfy!)

On the other hand you could always buy one of these:
Stage 3 Performance Chip OBDII Module for Honda - Performance Chip Tuning

·
Registered
2019 Pilot Elite
494 Posts
My 0.02 cents.

Adding an exhaust is the fastest way to annoy the wife and kids...... especially on road trips.

Better off spending $5-10k to get a Mustang and enjoy your speed. Feel free to substitute Mustang for Challenger, Miata, Civic etc.

(Yes, Miata is the answer to everything.)

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,063 Posts
My 0.02 cents.

Adding an exhaust is the fastest way to annoy the wife and kids...... especially on road trips.

Better off spending $5-10k to get a Mustang and enjoy your speed. Feel free to substitute Mustang for Challenger, Miata, Civic etc.

(Yes, Miata is the answer to everything.)
Or Sport bike motorcycles? Lately I'm partial to GSXR's, My 2005 Literbike, w/ very few mods dynoed 161 RWHP ! Handles awesome, will hang with the bikes made now, etc.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
I would be there is more performance information on V6P, DriveAccord, Acurazine or the Ridgeline forum... This forum falls more under the fixing problems or maintaining categories, not too much on the performance side.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts