Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Seems a bit premature to me, but really depends (on road & driving conditions they have been exposed to). Are they currently leaking oil? How do they react on a strut bounce test (although this isn't bulletproof test)? Generally speaking they should probably get 100-200k miles out of them, but also around that time other suspension components may need replacement, again depending on use/abuse (various bushings, ball joint, sway bar end links, etc).

Why are you asking? Is dealer/shop (Firestone? ;) telling you they need replacement? Issues in ride quality? Noise (clunks/pops) over bumps?

·
Registered
2019 Pilot Elite
796 Posts
Usually by my 2nd set of tires I do a suspension refresh even if it's not absolutely needed. Putting new tires, struts and shocks on all at the same time is more than noticeable. They may not be needed, but the refresh of both can really put a smile on your face.

2nd set of tires is probably too early for most people.

But I do agree, refreshing the suspension is a great way to make the car feel newer again.

When the front starts dipping too much when braking and you got that clown car rock, it's already overdue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts