Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that someone posted they had a late August build date for their 2004 Pilot. My dealer claims the 2003 Pilot I ordered had a build date of 8/19. Does anyone know when the stop building 2003's and start building 2004's?

·
Registered
32 Posts
2004 production

I spoke with Honda Canada's head office about a month ago and they told me that the week of Sept. 22 would be the first week of 04 Pilot production. However, they would offer no other details!

·
Registered
8 Posts
My dealer told me that the 2004 Pilot that i have ordered was built through 8/19 to 8/22 and to be shipped in 10days....

No info about 2003..:4:

·
Registered
146 Posts
I was at a local Honda dealer yesterday and saw a printout of the Pilot's they were expecting in. The last two 2003's were due to arrive by the end of August and the 2004's were expected to show up in mid September.

·
Registered
140 Posts
How would we know if it is a 2003 or 2004?. will that be "etched" somewhere in the vehicle?

·
Registered
32 Posts
How to tell 2003 or 2004

The VIN or serial number will have the year of the vehicle embedded in the code...If you noticed the partial serial number posted on the window sticker above--it read 2HKYK18663Hxxxxxx The 10th entry was a "3" indicating 2003 -- the 2004's will have the 10th entry as a 4 --in case the window sticker is missing. the 2005's will have a 5 as the 10th entry --etc. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
486 Posts
Have my father-in-law's Silver EX coming in on 9/13. $1000. over invoice. Less than what I paid...

·
Registered
64 Posts
I'll go look at some of the local lots over the holiday weekend...
being so close to Canada, we should have them in the US now or very shortly. I was the one who posted the SBP pic last year.

What's the bounty on a Midnight Blue pic? :D

·
Registered
20 Posts
I went today to take delivery of my 03 which just arrived this morning and had a build date of 8/18. When I arrived there was an 04 sitting right next to it (exact color and model). They wouldn't sell it to me, but I changed my mind and ordered an 04. Build date 9/11 and delivery 14 days after that. I got mine at $300 over invoice...but my father has worked at the dealership for 25+ years.

'04- The buttons for the heated mirrors are on the door next to the window switches.

THe buttons for the heated seats are near the bottom of the center console.

But the back seat is what changed my mind....It will come in very handy if you have a baby in the center seat. You can pull the seat up far enough that the driver can reach the baby very easily. It also gives much more room to the third row.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I just got a call from my father...and they are going to give me the '04 they recieved today! They want $200 more...but my father says he's going to fight it! :)

I might even pick it up tonight! I've never typed this before...but... WOOOHOOO!

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
kycat said:
I just got a call from my father...and they are going to give me the '04 they recieved today! They want $200 more...but my father says he's going to fight it! :)

I might even pick it up tonight! I've never typed this before...but... WOOOHOOO!
Fantastic!!!!!! Let is know as soon as you get it and TAKE some pictures!!

:needpics:

·
Registered
88 Posts
I placed an order for an 2004 EX-L RES and according to my dealer the car will be built sometime in October and will be delivered either by October end or early November.
How come people are getting 2004's so early????

·
Registered
146 Posts
I just bought a 2004 Starlight Silver Metallic Pilot EX from my local dealer.

Build date was 8/23 and it was shipped 2 days ago. It should arrive in the next week or two.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts