Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

When did you first find honda-pilot.org?

• Before I bought my Pilot.

Votes: 38 57.6%
  • After I bought my Pilot.

Votes: 24 36.4%
  • I have not bought one yet :(

Votes: 4 6.1%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't find this site until just after I bought the Pilot. How about you other owners?
Responses as of 2003-04-24
  • Before = 33
  • After = 21
  • Not yet = 4

·
Registered
449 Posts
I found it before, but it was dumb luck that I did.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Twinkie said:
I found it before, but it was dumb luck that I did.
Same here, Twinkie. I think I had already decided to buy a Pilot when I stumbled on this site. But I wish I had known about it sooner.

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
found it after i bought the pilot. I did a goolge search and came here. Actually I first registered on hondasuv.com (another board)...but there is not much activity on that baord...

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
ramirami said:
found it after i bought the pilot. I did a goolge search and came here. Actually I first registered on hondasuv.com (another board)...but there is not much activity on that baord...
I too started out on the "other" board, but it just didn't do much for me. I don't even remember how I stumbled on to this one - but glad I did!! :29:

I all ready had my Pilot on order, but had not taken delivery when I signed up.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Jiaronnis said:

same here, wish I had read more threads before buying:( :3:
I'm not anticipating experiencing any such regrets. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
Jiaronnis said:

same here, wish I had read more threads before buying:( :3:
Oh???:confused:

Would you NOT have purchased the Pilot?

·
Registered
288 Posts
I also got lucky and found the site before we ordered, did a yahoo search one night when looking for more info on the Pilot.

Jiaronnis, I am also interested in the meaning behind your comment

·
Registered
415 Posts
PSUPilot & colorider

The Pilot was a definite buy, I just wish I read what others paid for theirs which would've given me a better idea of what to haggle for. Of course, I still believe that I got what I paid for and more...I just love driving my Pilot!:29: :5: :19:

·
Registered
725 Posts
How I Found honda-pilot.org

I was looking over customer reviews of the PILOT on carpoint.com when I saw a thread where a PILOT owner mentioned honda-pilot.org and the rest is history!

PILOTinginCO
Sagebrush Pearl-EX
Parker, CO

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Jiaronnis said:
PSUPilot & colorider

The Pilot was a definite buy, I just wish I read what others paid for theirs which would've given me a better idea of what to haggle for. Of course, I still believe that I got what I paid for and more...I just love driving my Pilot!:29: :5: :19:
Same here, Jiaronnis! I think I would have started the "haggling" at a lower price, had I been more familiar with the kind of deals others were getting.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Found the site after my purchase, but wouldn't have made any difference. Did most of my research on other sites, such as Edmunds.com and got half a dozen price quotes via the internet.

Site has been invaluable in picking up useful bits and pieces of information, such as how to get your credit card out of the sliding cover; commiserating over the saggy leather seat bottoms; and relief at not experiencing some of the other production problems. Thanks to everyone for sharing their experiences, questions and suggestions.

·
Registered
409 Posts
After!

Found the board after we saw..fell in love with and bought (or at least ordered) out Pilot. Since then the wife knows where to find me in the afternoon....honda_pilot.org

Don

·
Registered
43 Posts
After

Found the site after purchasing the Pilot. Located it by searching Google. Great information and very helpful. I let my salesman know about the site and he was going to check it out.

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
Ziploc said:

Same here, Jiaronnis! I think I would have started the "haggling" at a lower price, had I been more familiar with the kind of deals others were getting.
The Pilot is my first Honda WITH 4 WHEELS so I was not entirely sure how much haggling was even doable. I was hoping for something midpoint between MSRP and invoice. I soon learned, that was not to be. I feel I got a good/decent price - but not a great price. That said, I'm still VERY happy with the Pilot and would do it all over again - with or without what I have learned in this forum.:)

·
Registered
286 Posts
Some of you may enjoy this and in fact someone may know who I am talking about.

My wife and I did extensive research for many months and lots of test drives prior to purchasing 2 Pilots, (what can I say, we both have the same tastes..lol).

After we decided on what we wanted, then I went to work and got us what I think was a darn good deal.

I had my Pilot for about 2 weeks when I pulled into a parking garage to go to a meeting in downtown Houston. There was a business man type walking out of the Park Shops Mall, where I was headed, that was glued to my Pilot.

As I was walking from the vechile to the elevator, he pulled up to me in, (as I recall a white Pilot), and asked me how I liked mine and then suggested that I check out this site!

And to sfhondapilot, I agree that the info is valuable, but I have a question for you all. Has anyone ever dropped coins, credit card, or anything else between the front seat and the console? Hell you gotta get a coat hanger to retrive anything. Gonna be a real bi**ch to keep clean!!
:lurk:

PS. if the guy that told me about this site reveals himself, I might be obliged to buy you a drink!! Thanks!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts