Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 231 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who are still waiting for your Pilots to arrive, tell us when your Pilot will be "home." Also, what it was that you ordered (LX or EX), the color you ordered and anything else about your new Pilot that you want to talk about. :)

So, sit down and chat. Since you're just waiting - what else do you have to do? I'll put on some coffee...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Saleman said he was sure my Pilot would be here in September, so just 15 days or less to go. I had originally wanted Havasu blue EX. An HB EX-L is scheduled to arrive any day now and I opted to go for the leather. The folks that had been waiting for that one gave up because it was taking so long to come. Such is the life of those of us that just have to have a Honda. I remember having to wait on my 1980 Accord 4 door also.:eek:

·
Registered
900 Posts
And when you find out your VIN (usually the dealer will know it after the car is actually built), post it here:
http://www.honda-pilot.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=921

It's fun to compare VINs, dates, see who your Pilots long-lost cousins are, etc. Plus it's useful for recall info to see who's affected, if need be.
Welcome to the family!

·
Registered
171 Posts
I am actually sitting anxiously waiting for my Pilot to finish getting accessories installed. Currently, they're waiting for arrival of the back-up sensors. I stopped by the dealer since its closed today (Sunday), and saw all the accessories. I'm already really fond of the underseat changer and fog lights. Good luck to all those waiting for the Pilot!

·
Registered
12 Posts
My Redrock Pearl EX-L should be here end of Sep./beginning of Oct.
According to the dealer, it is in his allottment for September, he just doesn't know when it will be delivered. We've been waiting two months now. We could have had an RRP on June 3rd when the Pilots came out, but my wife couldn't quite make up her mind. Now she can't wait to get it..
Three cheers for this forum - makes the wait bearable..

·
Registered
95 Posts
We're expecting ours in October. The dealer called a couple weeks ago and said "we should have build dates within a few weeks". We're waiting for a white EX no leather. I already have the side steps, and mud flaps ordered from Tim. It will be replacing my wifes Accord which is getting crowded with two child seats.:4::4:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Not sure...

We ordered our Havasu Blue LX Pilot on July 4 weekend. We were told anywhere from 2-4 months. So, that means the earliest would be this month? We were told by the dealer that they know only one week ahead of delivery. We gave our deposit and will wait patiently(?!!). It's frustrating -- especially because we are starting to see Pilots on the road. I guess all good things come to those who wait -- or something like that!:31:

By way of introduction... We currently own a 1994 Honda Accord LX (pictured under my signature) and it is one of the best vehicles we have ever owned. It has 81,000 miles on it and still going strong.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Sept. 20th

It will be on the lot on 9/20/02. Accessories are on their way.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Our Silver EX-L is supposed to be built Sunday, September 22.

·
Registered
123 Posts
WooHoo!

I just got off the phone with Phong, my sales rep. It's on it's way! Should arrive tonight or tomorrow. I'm picking it up Friday! :2: You're the first people I've told, after my wife of course. Only you folks can understand my elation! I have to go change my underwear now :p

·
Registered
570 Posts
Found out today that we are allocated a build date between 9/30-10/4/02. :2:

We ordered a White EX, cloth, no accessories at this point, but maybe later.

Great support on this board. Nice to know that I am on the only one hanging out watching other Pilots go down the road with envy.:rolleyes:

Still waiting.......watching the calendar.....

ncelk

White EX, cloth

·
Registered
2 Posts
Salesman says to expect delivery of our '03 Pilot EX-L, silver, the first or second week of October. We are trading in our '00 Odyssey just in time for winter in Ohio. Can't wait -- this board has me so excited.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Havasu sent me!

OK - :2:
I can't stand it and I know you all understand. Havasu pointed me to the "waiting room".
Just order my SBP EXL on Monday. Salesguy says 2 weeks. From reading the thread I'm wondering about that! I don't think I could stand to wait 3 months! UGH!
Anyone get theirs in "a couple of weeks"?
:confused:

·
Registered
186 Posts
Sage: First off, welcome to the group - you'll enjoy. I received my Pilot from order to dealer delivery in about 3 weeks - one reason is dealer was somehow able to trade a black one in process for our Havasu blue in process....love it when the wife let's me drive it. We just had the day/night mirror installed (it was on backorder), and really like it.

Bake in Wisconsin
Havasu Blue EX-L RES - side steps, mirror covers, fogs, mud guards, roof rails

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
OK! Thanks, Bake! I feel better now...:20:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Tomorrow!!!

I was just notified today that my White EX-L w/ Nav is on the lot. I'm picking it up tomorrow morning (hope I can sleep tonight)!!!!!

Put a deposit down on the car on July 17 - so I had to wait a little over 2 months.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Day 1... and counting

Thanks to all who started this forum. This is my first post!

Just left the dealer today after plunking down my $500 deposit for a Sage Brush Pearl EXL-Nav. Now the wait begins. :eek:

Here's my question(s)...

The dealer said they only receive 1 Nav model per month. So the sales guy said I could get mine soon or possibly be in it for the long haul. He said that they did not know the color that was coming in for the month and just had wait lists for each color/model. When their allotment comes in, they just match the color/model to the first person on the appropriate list. Does this sound right?

Does Honda really just send dealers random models and colors? Does 1 Pilot w/ Nav per month sound right? Perhaps I should go to a large volume dealer. Might have better luck there.

So until my Pilot arrives, I patiently wait and read the forums. To all those lucky people who already have their Pilots, my wife and I envy you all.

-pj

·
Registered
39 Posts
Maybe a little truth in claims

Most dealers that I went to knew exactly what they had coming in for the next 3-4 weeks and could show you the lists. One thing I did when searching is look for dealerships that currently have the Honda presidents award. These dealerships seemed to have more vehicle flowing through. When you do dealer search on Honda website it will show symbol for dealers with award. I have heard that there is 1 dealership per region that get award, so there should be someone in your area that fits the bill. Also these dealers seemed more willing to deal on price than the others. This was my personal experience, hope it helps.

Dave

·
Registered
123 Posts
Re: Day 1... and counting

PJ27 said:
Thanks to all who started this forum. This is my first post!

Just left the dealer today after plunking down my $500 deposit for a Sage Brush Pearl EXL-Nav. Now the wait begins. :eek:

Here's my question(s)...

The dealer said they only receive 1 Nav model per month. So the sales guy said I could get mine soon or possibly be in it for the long haul. He said that they did not know the color that was coming in for the month and just had wait lists for each color/model. When their allotment comes in, they just match the color/model to the first person on the appropriate list. Does this sound right?

Does Honda really just send dealers random models and colors? Does 1 Pilot w/ Nav per month sound right? Perhaps I should go to a large volume dealer. Might have better luck there.

So until my Pilot arrives, I patiently wait and read the forums. To all those lucky people who already have their Pilots, my wife and I envy you all.

-pj
Welcome!

There is a certain allotment that a dealer can order. I ordered an SS with NAV and waited a little more than two months. My dealer doesn't order NAVs unless someone requests it. From what I understand, they know what they're getting several weeks in advance, but if you want a specific model and specific color, it has to be ordered. Now that the dealerships seem to be getting more Pilots, there is probably more opportunities to trade with other dealers, but the chances of having a SBP with a NAV might be slim. Your sales rep should be able to give you more specific info if you press it. Good luck! I pick mine up tomorrow! Yahoo!

1 - 20 of 231 Posts