Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I currently own a pilot ex-l 2010 and would like to change to a 2018 model (ex-l or touring). I would like to know if I can fit my existing 17” winter mags on it? From what I find, they have the same tire size, bolt pattern, offset, etc. The only thing I’m not sure is if the brakes fits inside a 17” wheel (2018 models show 18” or bigger). Speaking of brakes. I have a spare new set of front disks and pads that I haven’t installed yet on my 2010. Is it the same parts as the 2018?

·
Registered
499 Posts
You will need to replace the TPMS sensors.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Asked my Honda tech about swapping wheels and he told me that pilot can only be linked to 4 TPMS (not 8). Told me if I swap wheels, I would have to take it in to have them sync new wheels with the vehicle or live with TPMS error constantly. Said some other manufacturers allow 8 sensors to be setup so you can swap at will with no trip to dealer.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Asked my Honda tech about swapping wheels and he told me that pilot can only be linked to 4 TPMS (not 8). Told me if I swap wheels, I would have to take it in to have them sync new wheels with the vehicle or live with TPMS error constantly. Said some other manufacturers allow 8 sensors to be setup so you can swap at will with no trip to dealer.
I would be surprised that the vehicule cannot be linked to 8.. I have two sets of wheels with different tpms and I do not need to reprogram them each year (I change wheels by myself).

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
I would be surprised that the vehicule cannot be linked to 8.. I have two sets of wheels with different tpms and I do not need to reprogram them each year (I change wheels by myself).
Sounds like someone got fed some information that would get the dealer a TPMS reprogram fee twice a year!

Reactions: ls973800
1 - 7 of 7 Posts