Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

561 - 580 of 620 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
2014 Pilot Touring

My Pilot is running on 19 inch black OZ Milano rims. They are wrapped in 255/50 r19 Bridgestone Alenzza Plus Xl tires.

·
Registered
42 Posts
This is our 2011 Mocha purchased new. Great rig. It's been a challenge to find aftermarket stuff for these, as most Honda owners I see seem to keep them stock. This is especially true if you want to make it look more "trucky" as we camp and trail ride. It's getting closer. Consider this before and after - and happy Piloting. :laugh:

What rims are those?

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Just put on some new rims and shoes.

Michelin Premier LTX 245-60/18 on an 18 x 8.5 et 30 TSW MAX.

Will throw up a few extra pics so people can see the extra 31mm offset from OEM.

Attachments

·
Registered
101 Posts

Will throw up a few extra pics so people can see the extra 31mm offset from OEM.
how is the overall ride with the new rims? Did you use centric hub rings? Do you find some mud and dirt coming from the tires splashing on the lower part of the pilot? i mean if the mud guard does it job especially at the rear it does look sticking out. I was thinking to get the same wheel size. 18x8.5 +30 but with A/T tires 255/55r18.
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
how is the overall ride with the new rims? Did you use centric hub rings? Do you find some mud and dirt coming from the tires splashing on the lower part of the pilot? i mean if the mud guard does it job especially at the rear it does look sticking out. I was thinking to get the same wheel size. 18x8.5 +30 but with A/T tires 255/55r18.
Thanks.

I wanted to give you a fair assessment so I was waiting a few days to respond. The ride seems identical - maybe even handles a little better because of the better tires. The reason I kept 18 inch wheels as opposed to going to the 20s is because I wanted to make sure the ride quality did not suffer. As for the dirt etc., yes I did notice some kick up in the rain the other day but it's hard to say if that is always like that and I've just never noticed.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I wanted to give you a fair assessment so I was waiting a few days to respond. The ride seems identical - maybe even handles a little better because of the better tires. The reason I kept 18 inch wheels as opposed to going to the 20s is because I wanted to make sure the ride quality did not suffer. As for the dirt etc., yes I did notice some kick up in the rain the other day but it's hard to say if that is always like that and I've just never noticed.
Thanks for your reply. But i may go to 17" now would like to have more tires. still thinking if i will go for 255/65r17 or 265/65r17 but need to make more measurements hopefully I can able to complete a set this year. Have a good one.

·
Registered
41 Posts

I may go with this same wheel in a 20 to replace the factory wheels on the elite my wife just bought.

How tough is cleaning them with those tight spaces?

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Haven't cleaned them yet but yes it will not be easy to clean. When I ran through 22 inches of snow last week and I got snow stuck in the wheels I could not get it out with my fingers. I had to let it melt. I thought it was going to ice up overnight and cause my wheels to be out of balance for a day or two until it melted.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Haven't cleaned them yet but yes it will not be easy to clean. When I ran through 22 inches of snow last week and I got snow stuck in the wheels I could not get it out with my fingers. I had to let it melt. I thought it was going to ice up overnight and cause my wheels to be out of balance for a day or two until it melted.
I ordered a set of vossen vfs1 in matte graphite from my wife's pilot. They should be here by the end of next week. Hoping they look ok.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I ordered a set of vossen vfs1 in matte graphite from my wife's pilot. They should be here by the end of next week. Hoping they look ok.
Any pictures? Size/offset?
20 x 9, +35 offset. I snapped these this morning because I didn't have any pictures. After a wash and in the sun this is really a nice looking Pilot. My wife wanted some wheels that you wouldn't see on everyone else's Pilot, mission accomplished.

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Looks good! Did you tint the headlight?
No, it was not yet 6:30 so it wasn't very light outside. I do have to find somewhere to get the front windows tinted. Wife has been on me about that but we stay super busy all spring into early summer with baseball for our youngest two kids.

·
Registered
11 Posts
20 x 9, +35 offset. I snapped these this morning because I didn't have any pictures. After a wash and in the sun this is really a nice looking Pilot. My wife wanted some wheels that you wouldn't see on everyone else's Pilot, mission accomplished.
Looks like an optimal offset. What time size are you running?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Looks like an optimal offset. What time size are you running?
Just swapped over the stock tires. Half inch wider wheel I think, fills it out some.

561 - 580 of 620 Posts