Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering purchasing wheel spacers (adapters) on Black Friday to give my 2019 Pilot a more aggressive stance. I searched a few threads on this forum but I'm not sure how long the stock lugs are. Does anyone know how big of a spacer must be put on so that the stock lugs don't poke through? Usually the problem with these spacers is the size is too small and the stock lugs poke through. If there is not a pocket on the back of the wheels then you will have to cut the lugs and I definitely don't want to do that.

I'm looking at 27mm spacers. Looks like folks are putting on 25-30mm spacers to give a flush look. Would 27mm be big enough to cover the stock lugs?

H&R DRM Wheel Spacers (Black) - 27mm / 5x120 / 14x1.5 / Bore: 64.1

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok found this thread on a Ridgeline forum. Check out this pic with a 1.5 inch (38.1mm) spacer. That is a 2G Ridgeline so theoretically should have same hub and studs as we do. There is plenty of room left with that 1.5. 1.25 (31.75mm) would easily still fit it seems. 27mm is right over 1 inch and that is too close to call visually. It would be very close.

BORA 1.5in Wheel Spacers Installed

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Ok found this thread on a Ridgeline forum. Check out this pic with a 1.5 inch (38.1mm) spacer. That is a 2G Ridgeline so theoretically should have same hub and studs as we do. There is plenty of room left with that 1.5. 1.25 (31.75mm) would easily still fit it seems. 27mm is right over 1 inch and that is too close to call visually. It would be very close.

BORA 1.5in Wheel Spacers Installed
Those are the only type of wheel spacers (adapters) I have used on jeeps and trust as opposed to the thin metal spacers that are probably responsible for the negative reputation. Sometimes if your going for a custom look and use 1” wheel spacers the tops of the studs will need to be trimmed with a grinder.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts