Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I need help with a wheel setup on my 1st gen that I can run without any issues, my range is between 15 and 16 diameter. I want anything with a little poke past the fender, please help, thanks

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Welcome @Damian ...stick with16” and up for best results. The OEM wheel has a positive offset thus to have the tire stick out that will have to change.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Will do, If i kept the stock width of 6.5 or even went to 7 but went with 0 offset, how much poke do you think I'd get?

·
Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,845 Posts
I would use this instead. Rim & Tire Size Calculator. Custom Offsets Gives you more detailed information. When you mess with offset you are messing with the scrub radius. Positive scrub radius makes for sloppy handling, To much negative scrub radius and the handling it too tight. Both positive and negative scrub radius effect tire wear as well.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I just switched from 245/65/17 back to stock 235/70/16. I found a few small bends in these Acura TL wheels that have the correct offset. My wife got into an accident, and the body shop didn’t fix the bent wheel(s), and the car vibrates around 75-80 mph ever since. So I mounted a few newer tires on the stock wheels, to figure out what was up with the TL wheels. I could have rebalanced them, but decided it wasn’t worth it when I saw the bends. I have a local wheel shop that would surely straighten them easily enough for me, but I just put the wheels in storage for now. I couldn’t make a decision about what to do with them. I am thinking I’d like to have like sets of wheels with full size spares instead of having sets of four that don’t work together. Oh. There was a bend in one of the 16” wheels too. So I guess, well... bends happen.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts