Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I’ve read a bit on wheel offsets, width and scrub. On another forum, I’ve read that usually, default OE scrub is negative for different reasons related to better handling. That said, my pilot have different wheel setup offered by Honda ranging from 8 to 10” and offsets from 55 to 35. Using online calculators, we can see that the inner distance to suspension struts remains identical no matter what Wheel setup is used. The only thing that change is the scrub ratio. (See attachés diagrams). In my calculations, scrub ratio is up to 19mm positive compared to stock 8” wide wheels. Does that mean that I can fit any wheel with positive relative scrub up to 19mm and stay within véhicule specs? What do you think?

·
Registered
121 Posts
my pilot have different wheel setup offered by Honda ranging from 8 to 10” and offsets from 55 to 35.
I don't understand where you are getting the info quoted above?

As far as I have been able to find, 3rd gen Pilots stock rims have a +55mm offset. And come stock w/18x8 & 20x8 rims.

I can find all kinds of offsets & sizes that we can fit, but I don't find any variations 'offered by Honda'.

This is another cool site:

·
Registered
121 Posts
Thousands of pilot owners put allll kinds of odd & unusual sizes on, and seem to do fine. Seems if you aren't too extreme, they're usually fine.

·
Registered
Honda Pilot Overland Touring AWD Concept
7 Posts
My setup on a 2019 Touring is: 265/60/R18x8.5 with 35 offset on Cooper AT3 4S. I have slight rub at full lock so looking to maybe add 1/2 inch spacers. I may try 265/65/R18 the next go-around if the spacers give the the room I need ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.