Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I wanted to get black rims that are bigger than the 16 inch OEMs. Does anyone have any recommendations for size and configuration?

·
Registered
2020 Acura TLX A-Spec; 2006 Honda Pilot EXL- AWD
9 Posts
Try Tire Size.com. It's a great website to calculate different wheel/tire sizes. I am going to experiment with some 18" and 19" wheels from the 2019 Acura RDX / MDX's and see which bolt pattern works for my 2006 Pilot. Those wheels have approximately the same overall size as the 16" Honda setup. I have access to take offs from our new vehicles, so I will let you know when I get to it.

·
Administrator
15,510 Posts
plenty of choices in the tire and wheel section. 18inches work well, but not all MDX wheels do. Your Pilot has a stud spacing of 114.3mm sometimes called 115mm. The MDX has varied from that to 120mm, depending on year. ZDX wheels are pretty smart to. Dig around the forum and gallery of wheels and tires to see what floats your boat.

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
2,934 Posts
I’d be wary of aftermarket brands which don’t supply the load rating of the rim. If you find an OEM rim which fits just make sure it came from a vehicle with a similar (or greater) maximum load/weight rating (i.e. if you find a rim from a sedan with the same bolt pattern, that rim still might not handle the additional weight of the Pilot).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts