Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone been able to buy an EX without wheel locks?
I am guessing here, but I think Honda might be tossing them in with teh vehicles to the dealers.
1. The Pilot I test drove was not yet preped, but already had a set.
2. My dealer gave me a set for free (when asked said it was required by his insurance due to alloy wheel thefts from his lot).

·
Registered
236 Posts
locks

Mine came with and my dealer told me that Honda "forced" them on the dealers. Bunch of crap.

I did convince him that I should have them at cost since they were forced.

·
Registered
290 Posts
The dealer where I bought mine (Honda Cars of Rock Hill in Rock Hill, SC) threw them in without my knowledge. I understood that they came with the car. Never was I told that I was buying them. What did they charge me????

$90

I was also not informed that I had bought Rear Mud Guards. Undisclosed price????

$160

Also, as I walked out of the finance guy's office after finishing the deal, the salesman was putting some exhaust tips on my Pilot. He said, "I got you some chrome tips. I think it makes it look a lot nicer." Oh yeah, he forgot to mention that he was charging me $93 and that it had already been snuck into the price.

Ok, now I'm pissed all over again.

:3:

·
Registered
126 Posts
Not mine

Mine came without wheel locks...but I was at Hondacuraworld the other day and Tim tossed me a set for free. He's as nice a guy in person as he is online.

·
Registered
173 Posts
No wheel locks...

None were provided with our EP EX-L.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Came with our Pilot, but dealer said he was "throwing them in"....

Now I am going to go back and make sure I wasn't being fed any sugar-coated crack, like so many dealers are famous for......

Note: They also tried to make me feel "lucky" they weren't charging me for the tint job on my EX, even though tinted windows come with the EX!

Why can't there be such a thing as a dealer that is honest, nice, patient, and professional. Seems to me that this type of person would sell more cars from a good reputation than the lizzard types!

Dismayed Darren in Dallas

·
Registered
27 Posts
No wheel locks on our Nighthawk Black EX-L. Would be a good idea. I did put some chrome exshaust tips on ours that I got at Pep Boys. Look pretty good.

Rusty

·
Registered
395 Posts
texaspilot said:
Why can't there be such a thing as a dealer that is honest, nice, patient, and professional. Seems to me that this type of person would sell more cars from a good reputation than the lizzard types!
My dealer in Corpus Christi was very honest with me. I talked them out of the "mandatory" pinstripe and paid only MSRP. I paid over $1500 more for options I wanted, not ones they wanted to sell me; it helps that I've bought my last two cars from them.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Re: Not mine

WNYPilotGuy said:
Mine came without wheel locks...but I was at Hondacuraworld the other day and Tim tossed me a set for free. He's as nice a guy in person as he is online.
Ahh...no he's not. I've asked him to do a couple of things for me and he has not come through...I'll stick with another e-tailer.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Rustym said:
No wheel locks on our Nighthawk Black EX-L. Would be a good idea. I did put some chrome exshaust tips on ours that I got at Pep Boys. Look pretty good.

Rusty
Really??? I would think that since the car has no chrome on it now, there is really nothing to match it to. Can you upload a pic???

·
Registered
113 Posts
r-hammel : I work from home ( Syracuse ) and my company is in Rock Hill SC. I visit there every other week. I do moss my Pilot when ever I am away. Last time when I was in Rock Hill, I visited the dealer there on Dale Lyle Road next to I-77. They are very expensive on optionals and they are hidden as you have already found-out. They wanted me to buy the protestion package for my Pilot as it snows there ( 2-6" per season ) and I am from Syracuse and in 2000-2001 we got 192" of snow. I was not sure whether to make a big fuss or just laugh at them. I was missing my Piot, hence, I went them ( hope my wife doesn't see this post ). I did put the crome tips ( thanks to Rustym, I think he had put the part number for that ), they realy look nice, but, not jazzyyy.

Good Luck with Rock Hill Honda.

KE

·
Registered
27 Posts
I didn't put in the part #, but the tips are 2 1/4 X 9. Also had to get little longer screws. 10-24 X 1" long. Here's a pic, little dark because it was in the garage.

Rusty

Attachments

·
Registered
290 Posts
KEPILOT said:
r-hammel : I work from home ( Syracuse ) and my company is in Rock Hill SC. I visit there every other week. I do moss my Pilot when ever I am away. Last time when I was in Rock Hill, I visited the dealer there on Dale Lyle Road next to I-77. They are very expensive on optionals and they are hidden as you have already found-out. They wanted me to buy the protestion package for my Pilot as it snows there ( 2-6" per season ) and I am from Syracuse and in 2000-2001 we got 192" of snow. I was not sure whether to make a big fuss or just laugh at them. I was missing my Piot, hence, I went them ( hope my wife doesn't see this post ). I did put the crome tips ( thanks to Rustym, I think he had put the part number for that ), they realy look nice, but, not jazzyyy.

Good Luck with Rock Hill Honda.

KE
THAT'S THEM! That's Honda Cars of Rock Hill. Glad to know that its not just me.

Thanks! I will not be doing much more business with them. I have to go get my $160 Rear Mud Guards installed there, and as far as I'm concerned, that will be the end of my relationship with them.

·
Registered
113 Posts
r_hammel : $160.00 for mud guard is too much, you might be able to re-negotiate with them to get back some $$ or some future services at No Charge. There is no harm is asking..

Good Luck ( Hope to wave at you, in Rock Hill )

KE

·
Registered
102 Posts
I bought my Pilot on June 21 from Open Road Honda in Edison, NJ. It had just come in and was not prepped. There were no wheel locks on it.
When we picked it up 4 days later it had wheel locks installed. No one said anything to us about them and we were not charged for them.

#09131 SS EX

·
Registered
335 Posts
Yeah! I would be mad at the dealer on the Mud Gards, the suggested retail price is $42, so for him to charge $160, says ALOT about the dealer, IMO.

Joe

PS Go into the dealer rating section and give him the business(hehe). I know it gave me a sense of satisfaction in the first dealer, I dropped.

·
Registered
290 Posts
KEPILOT said:
r_hammel : $160.00 for mud guard is too much, you might be able to re-negotiate with them to get back some $$ or some future services at No Charge. There is no harm is asking..

Good Luck ( Hope to wave at you, in Rock Hill )

KE
Agreed. This is one of several complaints I have with this particular dealer. They sold my Pilot at MSRP, but then snuck in a bunch of extras add-ons that they didn't even tell me I was buying. Then they over-charged me for them (easy to do when you don't even know you are buying them).

Finally, the finance guy then lied and mis-led me to convince to me to buy a "package" deal, which included Care Care (lied about what it covered), a maintenance agreement (that he lowered to a 2/24k after we talked about a 3/45k without telling me), and a $50 ded, 7yr/100k warranty. He told me that he couldn't give me the prices of each individual component because it was a package deal and he didn't know them, which turned out to be a bold faced lie. I later realized that the numbers didn't add up and demanded some paper work to justify the difference. That paperwork showed all of the individual prices, including the "extras" they slipped by me.

It also showed that I had way overpaid for the Maintenance Agreement and the Warranty. I have since cancelled them.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts