Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mother’s 2013 Pilot Touring (2wd) needs a left front wheel bearing.
I plan to replace the whole hub assembly.

Does anyone know the specs for the following bolts?

1. Axle Nut
2. Caliper Bolts
3. Caliper Mounting Bracket Bolts
4. Hub bolts

Any advice on replacing a hub?
Any specific things I need to look for?

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Biggest thing to make sure is your pilot is on jacks not the stupid tire jack , once you start jerking that pilot to pull the hub you will know what I mean. safety first.. to help get an idea look on you tube there are a few videos on the subject also get your self a service manual they will state the bolt torque specs , or maybe someone will post them for you .. as for the hub make sure its something close if not OEM specs like timkens for an example. If this is your first time doing this ask all the questions and watch the you tube videos until you are comfortable in doing this in your sleep. it may seem a lot for the first timer but we all been there and there are a lot of knowledgeable members here that can chime in to help. A good thread to look on is this one here

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Biggest thing to make sure is your pilot is on jacks not the stupid tire jack , once you start jerking that pilot to pull the hub you will know what I mean. safety first.. to help get an idea look on you tube there are a few videos on the subject also get your self a service manual they will state the bolt torque specs , or maybe someone will post them for you .. as for the hub make sure its something close if not OEM specs like timkens for an example. If this is your first time doing this ask all the questions and watch the you tube videos until you are comfortable in doing this in your sleep. it may seem a lot for the first timer but we all been there and there are a lot of knowledgeable members here that can chime in to help. A good thread to look on is this one here

Thank. You.
I plan to use Moog. I’ve had pretty good success with them in the past.
Timken would work as well.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Thank. You.
Some items that moog comes out with is strange for an example ball joints they prefer a plastic lock nut instead of the traditional castle nut with pin. I have even used Duralast parts in the past not really had issues with them also.

Reactions: TnShooter

·
Registered
16 Posts
My mother’s 2013 Pilot Touring (2wd) needs a left front wheel bearing.
I plan to replace the whole hub assembly.

Does anyone know the specs for the following bolts?

1. Axle Nut
2. Caliper Bolts
3. Caliper Mounting Bracket Bolts
4. Hub bolts

Any advice on replacing a hub?
Any specific things I need to look for?

Thanks for any help.
We just did this same repair (same side) on my 2012. It was an easy swap. About $50 on Rock Auto. We zip tied the brake caliper up and out of the way. While you’re down there, check the sway bar. I ended up replacing one with a broken joint (another $50) but it’s easily accessible when you have the wheel off anyway. I didn’t worry about torque specs for this job. I haven’t had any issues with it since.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
I must not have been paying attention.

Answers to the OP's original questions:

Spindle nut torque is 242 lbf/ft
Caliper Slide Bolts are 53 lbf/ft
Caliper Mounting Bracket Bolts are 101 lbf/ft
Hub Bolts (4) are 72.3 lbf/ft

·
Banned
379 Posts
YouTube is a great place to find this info. There are some yahoos on there but also some guys who know what they're doing. Get a repair manual. It's worth every penny if you're gonna do work yourself.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Thank. You.
Bases on chat group recs I used moog on my prius...I replaced 2 of the new moog bearings on warranty when I realized they were only lasting 10 months. I will try to find a used oem bearing with low miles when the next one goes out. I put about 15k miles per year on my prius.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts