Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Honda Pilot EX-L
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need to replace my front passenger wheel bearing on a 2012 EX-L. Have done similar work on a Jeep, so comfortable with the process.

One source I found said only use OEM, but the Timkin or others are 1/6 the cost. Anyone have some longer drive time on a Timkin or other 3rd party that can speak to the longevity of OEM vs third party?

Thank you!

·
Registered
11,318 Posts
Need to replace my front passenger wheel bearing on a 2012 EX-L. Have done similar work on a Jeep, so comfortable with the process.

One source I found said only use OEM, but the Timkin or others are 1/6 the cost. Anyone have some longer drive time on a Timkin or other 3rd party that can speak to the longevity of OEM vs third party?

Thank you!
I'd buy SKF at a reputable parts store.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
What bout National bearings

·
Administrator
2016 CRV Touring AWD, 2005 Pilot RIP.
16,313 Posts
Good grease is probably more important than the bearing manufacturer.

·
Administrator
2016 CRV Touring AWD, 2005 Pilot RIP.
16,313 Posts
I used branded wheel bearing grease and fill the bearing by hand (covered in nitrile glove of course)

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have bought from these guys a few times and never had a problem. This one has the ABS.

I second Detroit Axle! I have replaced almost the entire suspension on my 01 MDX with their parts. Great customer service, good refurbished oem parts, fantastic pricing.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
I used branded wheel bearing grease and fill the bearing by hand (covered in nitrile glove of course)
So whats considered "branded" if I stamp walmart on a bearing would that be considered "branded" ?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts