Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

81 - 100 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
1,525 Posts
I was thinking more of the Chrysler Pacifica Portal Electric version.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Something a little boxier, perhaps?

If I had the money for a G class, sure. I'm a sucker for the side exhaust in front of the rear wheel.

·
Administrator
15,375 Posts
You know you want a RAM Limited with the Cummins turbodiesel engine.
Tell the wifey you'll need it, along with a gun rack, in order to be prepared for the zombie apocalypse.
Don't tempt me. Who wouldn't like a Ram 3500, long bed, HO cummins/Aisin with a 50 gallon tank..Just cos it can be bought with one. That said, the current F350 is knocking it out park. But Ford seats are like much harder than the armchairs in Rams. .

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
How about this quad set up:

Sent that video to some friends before... I'm gonna go with a no on that one. Little too flashy for me.

Don't tempt me. Who wouldn't like a Ram 3500, long bed, HO cummins/Aisin with a 50 gallon tank..Just cos it can be bought with one. That said, the current F350 is knocking it out park. But Ford seats are like much harder than the armchairs in Rams. .
Sorry Rocky, but the only heavy duty anything I'd be interested in is an Excursion Limited, blue with the gold trim, I'd prefer the V10 but the 7.3 will do as well. HD pickups do absolutely nothing for me as I have no use for them or their size.

I don't find any of the new HDs particularly good looking, where I used to find them all good looking. If I had to pick I'd take either a Power Wagon or F250 Tremor with Godzilla.

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
Every time the wife sees a 3rd generation Pilot, especially in black she comments on how it looks like a hearse. To me it actually reminds me of the Pacifica that Chrysler introduced in 2004. View attachment 136581
Truth.

If I had the money for a G class, sure. I'm a sucker for the side exhaust in front of the rear wheel.
Bonus: crack the windows in back and get the kids to breathe deeply and go to sleep faster.

How about this quad set up:

I remember bosozokus from Japan. Sharks and Jets wannabes who would ride around residential neighborhoods in the middle of the night with their fartbikes to wake up hardworking サラリーマン who had to get up at the crack of dawn and work all day to keep the economy going. I'll bet many of them designed our Pilots.

·
Registered
4,203 Posts

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
Teslas are already rolling deathmobiles if you put too much trust in their self-driving features.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
I'd be perfectly content in life if I never sit in a Tesla. I think Elon Musk is an incredible idea man but he's a horrible production manager, leader of people, industrial engineer, etc. His vehicles and business are rife with the remains of his stubborn and poor decision making. I'm not putting my life or the life or my family in his hands.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I'd be perfectly content in life if I never sit in a Tesla. I think Elon Musk is an incredible idea man but he's a horrible production manager, leader of people, industrial engineer, etc. His vehicles and business are rife with the remains of his stubborn and poor decision making. I'm not putting my life or the life or my family in his hands.
But if you’re in a Tesla hearse, you’re already dead🤣. You might as well be a test subject for Elon musk😂.

·
Registered
2011 Pilot
9 Posts
Aren’t those booked until mid 2021? You might as well wait for the next gen Pilot to come out.
Just looking at the awesome reviews for the Telluride. Honestly, I would like to stay with a Pilot, but, I just don't care for the 2016 style change.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Just looking at the awesome reviews for the Telluride. Honestly, I would like to stay with a Pilot, but, I just don't care for the 2016 style change.
I wasn’t a huge fan of the 2016 redesign, but the 2019 refresh made it look much better (especially on touring and elite trims). I’m not a huge fan of the telluride design though.

·
Registered
2011 Pilot
9 Posts
I wasn’t a huge fan of the 2016 redesign, but the 2019 refresh made it look much better (especially on touring and elite trims). I’m not a huge fan of the telluride design though.
To me, the 2016 looked like all the other tennis shoes with wheels. Is the 2019 different? I like a taller boxier suv.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Really interested in the Kia Telluride...
As you should be.

My dealers wanted ridiculous money for those, the XC90 was cheaper!

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
This is true, it and the Palisade are absolute sales monsters in my area right now.

If you are capable of being unbiased, I challenge you to sit in a top of the line Telluride/Palisade and compare to your XC90, I think you'll find they compare nicely... and I'm a big fan of the XC90.

Agree with your first two statements. I do love the Telluride though. I wish they would have given the refreshed Pilot a little more of the Passport aggressive looks (like the dual exhaust and front bumper that looks more like the Ridgeline than the Ody) but it is an improvement over the early 3rd gens.

81 - 100 of 126 Posts