·
Registered
2008 Piot SE; 2015 Pilot LX
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
587 Posts
I don't think this article has correct information. It says the non turbo engines also had this issue but they never had them. It was just the turbo models. Well thankfully we don't need to be worried because we don't have the 1.5T in the Pilot so this article doesn't apply to us. It's still scary for potential/current Honda owners with this engine. This is why you should always get your oil changes done on time!!!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think this article has correct information. It says the non turbo engines also had this issue but they never had them. It was just the turbo models. Well thankfully we don't need to be worried because we don't have the 1.5T in the Pilot so this article doesn't apply to us. It's still scary for potential/current Honda owners with this engine. This is why you should always get your oil changes done on time!!!
'This is why you should always get your oil changes done on time!!!'

That's why I always do MY OWN oil changes on time! I have to admit, I had neglected doing any changes on the ATF though on my 08 Pilot. Now I'm doing them myself too. EZ as can be and you KNOW for sure what went in there.

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
'This is why you should always get your oil changes done on time!!!'

That's why I always do MY OWN oil changes on time! I have to admit, I had neglected doing any changes on the ATF though on my 08 Pilot. Now I'm doing them myself too. EZ as can be and you KNOW for sure what went in there.
What other fluids have you done? All of them?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What other fluids have you done? All of them?
For me, all of them is basically engine oil and tranny.

On my 15, I've also done transfer case and rear end.

I'm not a firm believer that PS fluids, and/or brake fluids need changed much or ever.
If and when I bleed the brakes, that changes most of it anyhows.
And, I'm well aware that Brake fluid attract moisture/water like flies on Sh*t.

·
Registered
5,559 Posts

·
Registered
4,261 Posts
I'm not a firm believer that PS fluids, and/or brake fluids need changed much or ever.
Clean PS fluid prevents PSP failure. Very Very important.
Bleed brakes until fluid comes out clear at each caliper = better braking.

Reactions: plplplpl and aggrex

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
And, I'm well aware that Brake fluid attract moisture/water like flies on Sh*t.
Just to drive the point further replacing PS and PB fluids makes sense. They are the easiest to ignore and forget. I have to change my ways 😆
70828F7D-EC68-4BE3-924B-19694CF776F2.jpeg
DA6FBF6B-05F7-4648-9FCC-020A064695B7.jpeg
D94A371E-0E7D-45F7-86C6-DAAD6705EB7A.jpeg

1 - 11 of 11 Posts