Votes: 8 5.8%
  • Taffeta White

Votes: 14 10.2%
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that we all bought our Pilots, what colors did you refuse to buy, dealers try to pawn off on you or, you could always find availability of. Another words, what do you think the ugliest Pilot color is?
Mine was Havasu Blue. No offense, different strokes for different folks. Every dealer I called had one available bellow MSRP.

I thought it would be interesting if we all took a vote.
:)

·
Registered
138 Posts
NightHawk Black ... High maintenance plus who wants their vehicle to look dirty all the time in the snow !!!

·
Registered
920 Posts
I don't think there is any question...HB is one sorry looking color!!! Honda needs to dump it asap!!!

·
Registered
144 Posts
I agree, Havasu Blue is the pitts. I've been saying this since one of my first posts on this sight back in June. IMHO, its just very weak, nothing of substance to it; no body to the color.

Evergreen

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
MG Pilot said:
I don't think there is any question...HB is one sorry looking color!!! Honda needs to dump it asap!!!
Did you see improved performance with the K&N filters?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Ah, so that is why that was the only one on the dealer's lot to test drive.... :29:

·
Registered
138 Posts
Evergreen said:
I agree, Havasu Blue is the pitts. I've been saying this since one of my first posts on this sight back in June. IMHO, its just very weak, nothing of substance to it; no body to the color.

Evergreen
Ahhh ... That takes 2 grand of the HB resale price !!! :p

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Hey!!!!

Well if they had a decent metalic light blue, I would not have had to get HB.

I have to admit it is greener than I would like, but atleast it is not "Metalic Dirt" like sage brush! :D :2: :D

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What is "Havasu" anyway?

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Brian said:
What is "Havasu" anyway?
This discussion was a while back;
From the Indian Tribe "Havasuie" (sp?), "People of the Blue Green Water"

Check out the color of Lake Havasu.

·
Registered
900 Posts
N_Jay said:

Check out the color of Lake Havasu.
I think copperpoppy said Lake Havasu is the color of mud.
:)

·
Registered
991 Posts
Sorry Havasu haters, but I have one, It's one of the classy colors for the Pilot! I have no Idea why people think it sucks.. Looks great in the rain and in the sunlight has a nice blue metallic look...

If you want to complain about a color, to me the sandstone is too dark of a brown, but I still don't think its that bad.. I think we are jumping on the band wagon here with the HB color.. I get nothing but complements on the color, and most people after buying a new car wish they had it as a color.. SO there HB haters..Just my opinion..

I hope Honda comes out with some more selections... see what happens..

:D

·
Registered
170 Posts
I voted for Havasu blue, just not my kind of color. I liked
the sage right off but didn't think my wife would like it,so I was looking at the sandstone but I actually liked the Highlander Gold better (asa far as color) but my wife didn't like it, then she saw the sage and I was surprised she loved it so for once I get my 1st choice. I never saw Red at a dealer or on the road but that looks real nice on my computer , but still like Sage better.
My dealer just offered me a Silver one he's got coming in - which
was my wife's second choice- my 3rd or 4th but we're going to wait for The Sage due to be built end of january!

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Out of all the colors that are offered for the Pilot, I'm glad (and this is just my opinion) that Honda didn't have a bright banana yellow... I'll apologize in advance for those who like/love the yellow on a car, but I'm sorry, it's just too bright for my liking!! :)

·
Registered
82 Posts
ya know...I voted for havasu just because it gives me a little nausea (doesnt help that I have a case of the flu right now)...but in reality for those that really like that color, I'd rather see them get that then silver (which is just soooooo booorinng)

anyway...I'm very happy w/ my sagebrush...

·
Registered
991 Posts
I have to agree that the red and sage have more gloss to them, makes them more attractive.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Hands down...

Hands down, THE ugliest color on the Pilot is SILVER!

It does NOTHING for the Pilot. I usually don't even notice silver Pilots because they look just like any other SUV on the road. It's the most BORING color. It shows dents and scratches like no other color.

Have you ever seen a silver vehicle that is more than a few years old and the paint still looks good? Maybe it's because the owners THINK dirt doesn't show, so they don't take care of the paint. They're never shiney, and boy....do they seem to rust and the rust stands out!

When you go to sell a silver vehicle, there is always a door, fender, etc. that looks a different shade than the rest of the vehicle. Possible purchasers might think that part was repaired and repainted, even though it's the original paint. Might be a problem.

If you want the most popular, ubiquitous color, then please order the ever boring silver :)

(Can you tell I hate silver?)

·
Registered
185 Posts
Beauty is in the Eye of the Beholder

How dull life would be if everyone had the same tastes. [Obviously we all have good taste, since we bought Pilots.]

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Ahem! I had doubts about HB too at first.

It was the color my wife chose and I thought it was a bit too femine or too light at first. But what's been a pleasant surprise with the color is that it seems to reflect the ambient light very well.

For eg., at night in the parking lot, it makes itself look darker and richer in tone than it looks during the day with sunlight. And when it is in the bright sun, because of the metallic nature of the paint, it gives off a nice shine, but with an underlying richness to it.

I've grown to love it. The color on Honda's website just does not do justice. The site makes the color look rather drab, which isn't the case at all in person.

I do hope that Honda discontinues the color. People are funny creatures. If you can't get it anymore, the more people want it, even if it was discontinued because of lack of demand in the first place. I wanna be the select few who drive around in an HP Pilot.

So, eat that, people! :D :D :D

1 - 20 of 56 Posts