Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sullivantires has "walk in" service, and "scheduled appointments" service.

So, I called and "scheduled" an "appointment" for some service and was told and "It's going to take 2 HOURS TO DO THE JOB", so I said the latest I can bring it in is 1PM as I need the vehicle back (none of their business why I need it back before 4PM ), "Yes that time slot is available and you will have your vehicle back by 3:00 PM", I "scheduled" a specific time for that exact reason, I needed to have my vehicle back by a certain time.

We arrived at the shop at our scheduled time, told the CSR "We'll be back at 3PM for the vehicle", CSR replied " We'll try to have it ready by 5PM" , I said "3PM" , put the vehicle key in the bag (Covid19 cautionary procedure). Left the shop to take care of other business.

I returned to Sullivantire at 3:40PM (gave them some extra wiggle time), as I walked thru the lot, i noticed the vehicle had NOT even been moved from where I parked it.. I entered the customer service area, where the CSR was dealing with a walk-in customer (you could over-hear their conversation).
Once the CSR realized I was there, the CSR "tried" to covertly take my keys from the rack they had placed it on when I left the shop. Yes, he tried to use his body and shield from us seeing him pick up the key, he used 2 work order sheets to cover the front and back of the bag to hide the key, he walked thru thru a door and walked behind 2 vehicles as he was using that time and shield to remove the Key from the bag.. industrial type clear plastic zip bag, He walked maybe 60 feet, to get to my vehicle which was only 15 feet away, at the front door. I watched him, the second he approached my vehicle, I opened the store door and say to him "You, give me my key ... how the hell you're going to try to put my vehicle on the lift for a 2 hour job now ?" (3:45 PM)
His response "Oh... oh.."

It wasn't an emergency service I was going for, just purchasing 4 tires I had plan to replace in fall, but I decided to get done now instead of waiting. It wasn't for the "free" rotation or balance service.
If I wanted them to have my vehicle the whole day, and them to work at "their leisure" I would've just "walk in"....

Sorry Sullivantires, you blew it, like a heart-surgeon, you only get 1 chance to get it right.

I will not be giving them my business.

I don't give any business the opportunity to fool me twice.

Fool me once, shame on you
Fool me twice, the shame's on who ?

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot EX-L 2013 Honda Pilot EX-L
1,593 Posts
You’re gonna run out of places pretty quick. With all this virus crap going on, tire places have been jam packed in my area at least. Sometimes you call the store’s number but you’re actually talking to a call center who has no idea what the situation is like at the actual shop.

·
Registered
9,791 Posts
Sullivantires has "walk in" service, and "scheduled appointments" service.

Sorry Sullivantires, you blew it, like a heart-surgeon, you only get 1 chance to get it right.
I will not be giving them my business.
I don't give any business the opportunity to fool me twice.

Fool me once, shame on you
Fool me twice, the shame's on who ?
According to the Sullivan Tire website, "9 out of 10 customers would recommend us to friend or family member."
Why Visit Sullivan Tire & Auto Service | Nearby Car Repairs | Sullivan Tire & Auto Service
They should add that 1 out of 10 customers post about their unsatisfactory experience on the internet.

Sometimes you call the store’s number but you’re actually talking to a call center who has no idea what the situation is like at the actual shop.
It's not a "call center", it's their "Retail Resource Center": Retail Resource Center

·
Administrator
2016 CRV Touring AWD, 2005 Pilot RIP.
16,335 Posts
No point moaning about a local chain here. If it’s worth the trouble (ie you plan on going back) Go direct on their social media!

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,323 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts