Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow Piloteers-

Well, this is getting ridiculous....After tanking up a few weeks ago and wondering how in the world I was able to put 20.3 gallons in a supposed 19.2 gallon tank, today I broke my previous record by putting in 22.8! Am I the only one who is going through this? Also, I hear that mileage will increase with age. I have 1,500 miles on mine, and I'm still only getting around 16 (75% freeway miles). I am really disappointed with the mileage! What do you all think.

Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
As I recall, 17.6 gallons is the most I've put in. That's after driving about 40 miles after the low fuel light came on.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
The most I've put in is very close to 70L (18.5 gallons). I was sweating bullets as I was coming back down the hill from a lake in the Rockies when I realized that I had forgotten to fill-up before I headed for the lake. I thought I was going to run out of gas for sure. Luckily, I reached a gas station in time.

About your MPG, I was getting really bad MPG as well and talked to my dealer about it and said that alot of times, the car needs to be broken in properly before realizing the claimed fuel consumption. Shortly after my 3rd oil change, about 15,000KM (9,300miles) is when I started getting the MPG that was touted for the Pilot. I hope you don't have to wait that long, but may be wait until after your first oil change?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Chris,

Sounds like your gas station has illegally calibrated pumps. Buy your gas elsewhere and see if your mileage goes up and your filleage goes down.

Rich

·
Registered
415 Posts
RLumpy said:
Chris,

Sounds like your gas station has illegally calibrated pumps. Buy your gas elsewhere and see if your mileage goes up and your filleage goes down.

Rich
That's what it sounded to me, as well. Take pictures and complain to the gas station owner, maybe you'll get reimbursed...when monkeys fly out of your butt! (possible response from owner)

how about a picture Kemo?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts