Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just completed a break job on my 2013 EX-L today , looked at the drivers side shock and saw moisture or residue on it.
My pilot has 171K on it these have never been changed, looking to see what's the best replacement brand for the job?

I saw some KYB's also some TRQ, from 1A-auto for a good price!

·
Registered
Pilot II EX
37 Posts
Just completed a break job on my 2013 EX-L today , looked at the drivers side shock and saw moisture or residue on it.
My pilot has 171K on it these have never been changed, looking to see what's the best replacement brand for the job?

I saw some KYB's also some TRQ, from 1A-auto for a good price!
Hello bro, I can prepare for you special edition rear shock with high damper force, but I am in Russia, but I can send you them by DHL, but I think it's will be very expensive delivery.

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
Hello bro, I can prepare for you special edition rear shock with high damper force, but I am in Russia, but I can send you them by DHL, but I think it's will be very expensive delivery.
Hell of an offer for a first post... Wouldn't be the first time I didn't trust a Russian and certainly won't be the last...

OP, whatever you decide on I'd suggest replacing front and rear. I like both axles to be performing similarly for balance.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,303 Posts
Sounds interesting, bro. Can you post specs and pics? cпасибо. :)

·
Registered
9,303 Posts
I got the KYBs from Rockauto a couple of years ago and they've been quite fine.

They seem to be running rebates on KYBs these days,

RockAuto February Newsletter

And don't forget to tack on your PIloteers 5% discount.

5% Discount Code: 61F8C3AFDC21E1
Expires: May 12, 2021

Please enter this code in the ‘How Did You Hear about Us’ box to receive the discount. Please enter ONLY the discount code, no other words or numbers. All orders are placed online and the discount code must be entered before an order is submitted to receive the discount.

·
Registered
Pilot II EX
37 Posts
Hell of an offer for a first post... Wouldn't be the first time I didn't trust a Russian and certainly won't be the last...

OP, whatever you decide on I'd suggest replacing front and rear. I like both axles to be performing similarly for balance.
Hi, I am afraid you are not know truth about Russian people , I think in USA have same people.

·
Registered
Pilot II EX
37 Posts
Sounds interesting, bro. Can you post specs and pics? cпасибо. :)
Hello, you are from Russia or you live in USA , please see attached photo. The price these shocks 12000 RUB and plus delivery. Sorry I have not about specs, but these shocks from big car and I prepare additional adapter for installation it. Sorry but I have not already kit if you want to buy it need prepay 12000RUB and it takes 2 weeks for buy and produce it and plus delivery.

Attachments

·
Registered
Pilot II EX
37 Posts

About KYB I know it's no good shocks and not working in Russia correctly, the peoples who have problems with shocks told me only about rear side, that's why I tried prepare rear shocks. If we talk about front shocks , it's very difficult find something to adopted for pilot that's why staed original.

·
Registered
9,303 Posts
Hello, you are from Russia or you live in USA , please see attached photo. The price these shocks 12000 RUB and plus delivery. Sorry I have not about specs, but these shocks from big car and I prepare additional adapter for installation it. Sorry but I have not already kit if you want to buy it need prepay 12000RUB and it takes 2 weeks for buy and produce it and plus delivery.
My location is Canada (see the little flag). My PIlot is a 2006 and I personally already have the shocks I need.

Interesting shocks you have there in the picture.12000RUB is about CAD205 and USD162. You're right that shipping would probably be expensive. Have you thought about selling your shocks on eBay or AliExpress or Amazon or something like that? If they're good quality and guaranteed through one of those sites, you may develop some good business opportunities.

·
Registered
Pilot II EX
37 Posts
My location is Canada (see the little flag). My PIlot is a 2006 and I personally already have the shocks I need.

Interesting shocks you have there in the picture.12000RUB is about CAD205 and USD162. You're right that shipping would probably be expensive. Have you thought about selling your shocks on eBay or AliExpress or Amazon or something like that? If they're good quality and guaranteed through one of those sites, you may develop some good business opportunities.
Sorry for my mistake. I am a beginner in this community. Thank you for idea I will try it. But first I tried help owners pilots save the money and started found directions how to .

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
Hi, I am afraid you are not know truth about Russian people , I think in USA have same people.
I used to fluently speak and write Russian and studied quite a bit of Russia's history and relationship with other countries. Unfortunately there are just enough who still want to see the US (and other countries) burn that it perpetuates the image.

We have plenty of horrible people in the USA, no doubt about that!

Sorry for my mistake. I am a beginner in this community. Thank you for idea I will try it. But first I tried help owners pilots save the money and started found directions how to .
We don't have many Russian members, have you been selling this through any Russian Pilot forums? I have a feeling most people would rather buy the Bilstein 3 times before risking the same amount on a one man shop coming from so far out of country. I don't doubt it's a quality product but it's hard to convince people in the USA that a product coming from Russia that costs three times more will be superior.

Reactions: The Todd

·
Registered
Pilot II EX
37 Posts
I used to fluently speak and write Russian and studied quite a bit of Russia's history and relationship with other countries. Unfortunately there are just enough who still want to see the US (and other countries) burn that it perpetuates the image.

We have plenty of horrible people in the USA, no doubt about that!

We don't have many Russian members, have you been selling this through any Russian Pilot forums? I have a feeling most people would rather buy the Bilstein 3 times before risking the same amount on a one man shop coming from so far out of country. I don't doubt it's a quality product but it's hard to convince people in the USA that a product coming from Russia that costs three times more will be superior.
Hello, I am agree with you, it's a just my offer and that's all))) Of Course Bilstein it's more better , but in Russia it's a space price for it's. That's why we try find any other spare parts which we can adopt for pilot. I am glad for you , because you know history of Russia, thank you.
I send you the link in Russian forum about rear shocks:

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,063 Posts
i also went with bilsteins from rock auto.
I didn't try, but are they even available? I know a few months ago I saw a lot of posts they they were on big time back order?

?

Thanks,
Todd

I'm thinking my 08 Se FWD needs them all the way around. Not badly though as it still rides OK.- 190K miles on the OEMS!

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
Hello, I am agree with you, it's a just my offer and that's all))) Of Course Bilstein it's more better , but in Russia it's a space price for it's. That's why we try find any other spare parts which we can adopt for pilot. I am glad for you , because you know history of Russia, thank you.
I send you the link in Russian forum about rear shocks:
I want you to succeed so I'm trying to look at the risks you will be facing so you can try to mitigate them if you want to grow this as a business. My job requires me to be constantly evaluating risks and how they will effect my projects so I tend to find ways to shoot down things rather than blindly endorse them.

I'll check out that link when I get home, a .su link is probably not something I should be clicking at my government job haha. Also I will have to find my old dictionary since I'll likely have to look up a lot of words, speaking in an academic setting is entirely different than speaking to natives.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I got them pre pandemic. have not looked either.

I didn't try, but are they even available? I know a few months ago I saw a lot of posts they they were on big time back order?

?

Thanks,
Todd

I'm thinking my 08 Se FWD needs them all the way around. Not badly though as it still rides OK.- 190K miles on the OEMS!

·
Registered
9,303 Posts
Not seeing any Bilstein shocks on Rockauto for my 2006, anyway.

2006 HONDA PILOT 3.5L V6 Shock Absorber | RockAuto

Here's a Google Translate page for the Russian Pilot forum, for those of you hesitant to connect with an .ru link, though clicking on a Google link may be even more compromising. :p

Note that the translation is strictly machine-literal, so idiomatic expressions don't come across quite right. :)

Google Translate

Look, their banner is all sparkly. I'm envious.

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
Not seeing any Bilstein shocks on Rockauto for my 2006, anyway.

2006 HONDA PILOT 3.5L V6 Shock Absorber | RockAuto

Here's a Google Translate page for the Russian Pilot forum, for those of you hesitant to connect with an .ru link, though clicking on a Google link may be even more compromising. :p

Note that the translation is strictly machine-literal, so idiomatic expressions don't come across quite right. :)

Google Translate

Look, their banner is all sparkly. I'm envious.
This one post, out of context, could lead to some confusion...

@@Hamlet , well, it seems, because of the price, it makes sense to change the killed relatives, to such, if only the whole process with partners and photos :

It really is quite funny to read a thread like that... same complaints, different continent!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts