Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a spin-off from the worst car thread..........whats the best car you have ever owned?

I'd have to say that my favorite was a 68 Camaro I had a while ago.

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
1989 Camaro IROC-Z

...with the 5.7L Tuned Port Injection V-8 engine!!! :26:

Fresh outta college and felt like a cocky MOFO driving it!!! :D

Attachments

·
Registered
305 Posts
Hey, Kemo, just curious, was that modded? 5.8? Am I that out of touch with my GM history these days? I thought the IRocs were 5.7 350s? And I also thought they used TBI up through the 90s? I used to be up on this stuff, but haven't even discussed it much since I bailed on being a GM fan back when i was like 18.

Let's see... best vehicle? That's tough. I guess I'd have to say my '87 4runner. Most trouble free and best utility. I'm hoping the Pilot will surpass it eventually, though.

BUT, my favorite was probably my first, a '79 CJ7 with the straight 6 and 3-speed manual. What a tank! Could go anywhere and it certainly prepared me to be able to drive any manual tranny after that. Heck, my 4runner shifted like a sportscar in comparison.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Had to be my '84 Toyota Celica GT-S. LOVED THAT CAR!! And it ran forever with only normal wear-and-tear items ever replaced on her. I passed it down to my little brother who eventually sold it. Never saw her again :(

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
Toss-up

Probably a toss-up between my '85 Subaru RX Turbo and my '88 Subaru GL-10 Turbo. Loved 'em both and the most maintenance free (gas engine) vehicles I have ever owned.

:7:

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Qbrozen: Me and my fat fingers early on Friday morning... Yes, I meant to type 5.7 (the 350 cubic inch displacement) and not 5.8 (I've already corrected my post above) -- the "8" key is just too darn close to the "7" key... :p :bonk:

As for the TPI vs. TBI, I was more or less quoting from the sales brochure from '89 (i.e., the propaganda material handed out by Chevy)... :8:

·
Registered
360 Posts
vkarcher said:
No question. Our 97 Honda CR-V.
DITTO! That car has been the best investment ever! (Only mine has 115,000 miles :4: ) I'm hoping I'll feel the same way about the Pilot I'm planning on buying.

·
Registered
449 Posts
1992 Acura Integra GSR. 200K miles and not one problem.

Most fun, when running - 1980 Fiat Spider 2000

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
:D my 1988 mitsubishi galant sigma, has 4 wheel vented disc and abs, 3.0 L V6 engine, climate control A/C, 4 wheel air suspension(auto leveling, sport and regular mode), speed sensitive steering, speed sensitive intermittent wipers, computerized engine management, mint condition, moonroof, leather:p

·
Registered
305 Posts
kemo

oh good. glad to hear i'm not quite so dillusional.:D

·
Registered
234 Posts
Hmmm... am I going to be the first person to say the Honda Pilot :p

... perhaps that's because I have never owned a speed demon :confused: :3:

·
Registered
119 Posts
All my Hondas

My best car was every single Honda that I have owned (six of them in a row) - only one repair ($100) in 27 years of driving Hondas. :2:

Note for all you purists - Repair means repair, not maintenance.

JJ

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Well, I know it was a Honda! :D

'99 Accord EX (might have been a clear hands-down winner if we'd bought the V6 with leather seats, but I had to marry Mr. I Don't Like Leather Seats... :rolleyes: )
'01 CR-V LX
'02 CR-V EX

Take your pick.

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Define "Best"?

I want them all back!
'56 CJ-5
'71 Fiat 124 Special
'71 Celica
'73 Triumph GT-6 MK3
'77 924 Martini
'83 Civic 4Dr
'91 Range Rover

And maybe a few others if I think about it.
(or maybe NOT a few of these, if I think too hard!)

·
Registered
276 Posts
I'm lucky to have 2 of the best vehicles anywhere.....see below :D

But I would have to say that the Grand Prix is by far the best car I've had. Sorry, Piloteers. ;)

By the way, Kemosabe, nice Z-28!

Attachments

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Thanks, Pilot-1, for the compliment!!! Did you get specialty tags for your Grand Prix, also, to go with your N-FLYT tags for the Pilot? :)

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Re: Define "Best"?

N_Jay said:
I want them all back!
'56 CJ-5
'71 Fiat 124 Special
'71 Celica
'73 Triumph GT-6 MK3
'77 924 Martini
'83 Civic 4Dr
'91 Range Rover

And maybe a few others if I think about it.
(or maybe NOT a few of these, if I think too hard!)
Is that a Range Rover in your list, while they are nice to look at, they aren't the most reliable of vehicles.

1 - 20 of 108 Posts