Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, we now know that 'Not an ashtray' is pretty well just a penny and excess coin holder but have you noticed the coin rack closest to the passenger is actually sized for the US gold dollars? I thought this was a nice touch on a currently under-used coin. I went to the bank so I could fill it up today.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I keep the cloth that came with the Nav system for cleaning the screen in that "Not an Ashtray."

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Ashes ...

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
40 Posts
What's in the "Un-Ashtray"?

Why, "un-mentionables", of course! :2:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Why coins of course!!! :29:

I did notice that when I put coins in the holder they rattled too much once there were only 2 or 3 in the slot.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Dust and Lint :D

There's so much storage space that I haven't found a need for it yet! :2:

·
Registered
310 Posts
To those of you using it for a change tray, keep in mind that just under the center console lid is a vertical (stackable) change holder.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Howdy Ag said:
To those of you using it for a change tray, keep in mind that just under the center console lid is a vertical (stackable) change holder.
I hear ya Howdy, but one of my post stated that once you get 2 or 3 coins left in a slot, it rattles big time. Plus it's akward getting change out having to lift the top of the arm rest and it doesn't hold all my excess change!!!

·
Registered
310 Posts
Nascar,

Sorry I misunderstood. I thought you were talking about the "not an ashtray" which I had presumed would not hold change very tightly and lead to change rattling around in there.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Howdy,

No problem!!! There are so many little hiding places in this vehicle it's easy to get confused... :20:

Gosh I LOVE this vehicle!!!!!

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I just love that a thread gets a mind of its own. It actually started because the Gold Dollars fit in the slot farthest from the driver.

This is what is so great about this stuff, so many different ideas come out of the forum.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Weed...:1:

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
In the "not an Ashtray" I keep an ADT alarm system remote home security system) and mag-stripe card for the parking garage at work. In the console coin holder, coins.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I keep Toll tokens in the change tray.

I found this foam like semi sticky shelf liner that works well to keep things from sliding around.

I put it in the storage bin above the change tray, in the bin in front of the console (behind or in front of the cup holder), on the shelf area that the sliding cover comes out of and in the rear compartment behind the third seat.
The only bin Honda put rubber in is the main console bin.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts