Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just have to know if anyone else thinks these things:

I would love to see the Pilot get a little nose job...maybe some chrome in the grill to class it up- Like the latest CR-V? The rear looks like rubies and diamonds, why is the front cheesy looking PLASTIC?

The floor mats DO need to cover the ledge next to the dead pedal, my foot always finds the ledge instead.

Antenna needs to be more capable...stations are fuzzy.

MOONROOF of course.

Anyone agree/disagree/have more to add? Am I too picky? :)

·
Registered
92 Posts
The only thing I can think of that should not add to the cost too much is to make the second row seats adjustable so that the third row can have more leg room.

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
memory seats/mirrors (atleast an option)
moon roof

·
Registered
263 Posts
1. Adjustable 2nd row seats that slide forward when folding to enter 3rd row.

2. Michelin Cross Terrains.

3. Real padding on activity tray, or at the very least an armrest option (accessory?) that doesn't have a steel plate.

4. NAV and RES in same vehicle.

5. Full USA NAV data.

6. In-dash 6-CD changer, usable with both NAV and RES.

7. Redesign cell phone cradle to improve usability.

·
Registered
207 Posts
If it was up to me:

1. Heated seats in the US
2. Heated mirrors
3. 4th Gear selection on tranny
4. Seat memory
5. Adjustable 2nd row seat for better leg room in third row.
6. Moonroof
7. A trip odometer that goes higher than 999.9
8. Rear hatch glass that opens independently
9. Day time running lights or fully auto headlights (maybe xenon option?)
10. Full-size spare tire

I know, keep dreaming...

·
Registered
494 Posts
Ok...

a Low gear 4-wheel drive - option.
Fog lights - comes standard
a Moon roof - option
Cloth seats for EX - option
always live 12 v accessory jack in console - standard
110 AC outlet - option
cargo cover - standard
michelin CT - standard
cd changer / XM / AM / FM - Standard

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
Tony said:
Ok...

a Low gear 4-wheel drive - option.
Fog lights - comes standard
a Moon roof - option
Cloth seats for EX - option
always live 12 v accessory jack in console - standard
110 AC outlet - option
cargo cover - standard
michelin CT - standard
cd changer / XM / AM / FM - Standard
I don't understand your item "Cloth seats for EX - option".

The "basic" EX does have cloth seats. :confused:

rod

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
01r1 said:
If it was up to me:

-snip-
I know, keep dreaming...
Good list - although some of these items are not as high on my list as I first thought they would be. My comments >>>> below.

1. Heated seats in the US
>>>> I have heated seats on my other car (Sebring), but I have found that the leather seats on the Pilot have a "natural" warmth to them and have never found them to be uncomfortable.
2. Heated mirrors
>>>> Had on several cars in the past (Audi/Subaru/Buick) - really cannot say that I miss them on the Pilot.
3. 4th Gear selection on tranny
>>>> Why?
4. Seat memory
>>>> Had it on the Buick - nice to have if you have two different drivers of different sizes. Not an issue in our household.
5. Adjustable 2nd row seat for better leg room in third row.
>>>> What you give to the third row - you take away from the second. Is this what you really want to do? Although an extra 2" might be nice back there!
6. Moonroof
>>>> I really cannot get into moonroofs. Too noisy or too hot when open.
7. A trip odometer that goes higher than 999.9
>>>> I agree!!
8. Rear hatch glass that opens independently
>>>> I'm torn on this issue. There may be occasion when this would be handy - but how often. Opening glass is another place that can develop a rattle. Also, when you access things in the back through an opening glass, you are leaned over the rest of the tailgate - which can be very dirty at times.
9. Day time running lights or fully auto headlights (maybe xenon option?)
>>>> I am against day-time running lights - but for another reason. Auto headlights would be nice.
10. Full-size spare tire
>>>> Why? Do you do a 5-tire rotation? To me, the cost of the extra wheel and tire is not worth it.

To each his/her own. These are just my thoughts!!!

:awais:

rod

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Most of the above, plus:
  1. Flip up back window on the rear hatch...
  2. Darker tinted glass
  3. Orange lens for the rear turn signals

·
Registered
316 Posts
If everyone got their wish, the Pilot would be at least $7000 - $10,000 dollars more and I think Honda already makes this super, duper, EX model....

It's called the MDX!!!:D

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
maybe MDX can have 2 models....boxy / rounded:D

·
Registered
47 Posts
Ok , lets be practical and realistic...definitely these which in my book are just MUST upgrades !!
* Eliminate the cheap-looking plastic from the doors, using at least a nice vinyl to cover it...like the 94-97 EX-L Accords had
* Appropriate mats to cover dead pedal
* Adjustable 2nd row seat for better leg room in third row.
* Auto off interior lights - same for the Ody
* Heated seats - should be standard on leather option - its Std in Canada

Should consider even if it demanded a minor price change or dealer install - say another $200-$300....
1. Heated mirrors in the US (should be standard on leather option - its Std in Canada)
2. 17 or 18" wheels as an option, dealer installed, with Michelin Cross Terrains, thats whats being demanded nowadays....look at Mazda ! Its a tough call to upgrade and then have to eat your factory OEMs, instead of paying a little more and the dealer doing the upgrade upon delivery

Also these upgrades/improvements:
3. Xenon lights as an option ! MDX should have Std.
4. Moonroof ( (at least as an option - same for Odyssey)
5. A bigger subw enclosure

Personally, I would pay more for the factory items, specially 3 & 4.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ramirami said:
maybe MDX can have 2 models....boxy / rounded:D
That's not so unrealistic! Jeep does it :)

·
Registered
465 Posts
Hybrid

My father in law just got a Civic hybrid to save on gas until the price gets back down to reason (the Escalade likes gas a LOT).

I plan to keep my Pilot for several years, but if they come out with a hybrid, my husband and I decided we would trade for it immediately.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Re: Hybrid

catbert said:
My father in law just got a Civic hybrid to save on gas until the price gets back down to reason (the Escalade likes gas a LOT).

I plan to keep my Pilot for several years, but if they come out with a hybrid, my husband and I decided we would trade for it immediately.
The geniuses at Honda are working on one...and an accord...I'm excited! I saw this info in Consumer reports...shooting for 2005 production. You may get your wish :)

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
kemosabe said:
Most of the above, plus:
  1. Flip up back window on the rear hatch...
  2. Darker tinted glass
  3. Orange lens for the rear turn signals
I understand the glass preference, but why the amber (orange) turn signals? I agree they probably show up better, but I think they look tacky on a car.

BTW, did you get your sticker yet? Post a picture when you get it installed!!

rod

·
Registered
465 Posts
Re: Re: Hybrid

74PILOTMOM said:

The geniuses at Honda are working on one...and an accord...I'm excited! I saw this info in Consumer reports...shooting for 2005 production. You may get your wish :)
Boy howdy! I need to read my CR more closely. I missed that somewhere. 2005 production would be just about perfect. I always keep cars at least 5 years, but I'd make an exception for this.
Well, I always keep them 5 years except for the Chrysler...(I hear the voices of oldtimers on this site saying, "Oh no, not the Chrysler story again. Please!!!")

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Hybrid

catbert said:

Boy howdy! I need to read my CR more closely. I missed that somewhere. 2005 production would be just about perfect.
Ummm.... catbert.... smart aleck new guy here... I can't help wondering if anyone has commented on the fact that your logo thingy is Winnie the Pooh and not catbert:2:

1 - 20 of 76 Posts