Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Honda Pilot EXL.

When I place the vehicle in reverse, the right side mirror tilts downward. Then goes back to its regular position when I take it out of reverse.

I was amazed when I first saw that. I didn't realize it did that when I took the vehicle for a test drive.

·
Registered
172 Posts

When I place the vehicle in reverse, the right side mirror tilts downward. Then goes back to its regular position when I take it out of reverse.

I was amazed when I first saw that. I didn't realize it did that when I took the vehicle for a test drive.
It will actually follow the mirror adjustment switch--if you have it set on your driver's side mirror, it will tilt that one, if you have it set to your passenger's side mirror, it will tilt that one, and if you have it set in the middle, it won't tilt either.

·
Registered
725 Posts
If you shut off the car with the transmission in Drive or any gear I believe, using the push to start button on my Touring it will automatically put the car into Park and shut off.

If you open the drivers door with the engine running in gear and the seat belt unbuckled (such as trying to jockey into some marked parking spots and you are looking out the door at the lines) the car will go into Park automatically. First time this happened to me I thought while trying to back up I didn't realize it went into Park and that I had hit something which had caused the car to suddenly stop moving. The car had about 100 miles on it and I thought I had really messed up!!!

You can copy music from a USB onto the Hard Drive in the radio, thus no need to have C/D's laying around or a USB sticking out of the port. Your music is now stored on the car radio. Not sure if all trim models have this or if you need the navigation radio for it

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
2,931 Posts
It could be mistaken for a lifted Odyssey from behind.

Reactions: plplplpl

·
Registered
7 Posts
That you could accidentally open the windows and sunroof in a rainstorm using your remote from your house
Yes! It happened to me at the office and am grateful I noticed it before the rian hit two weeks ago. How do you change the setting on the key fob???

·
Registered
28 Posts
It will actually follow the mirror adjustment switch--if you have it set on your driver's side mirror, it will tilt that one, if you have it set to your passenger's side mirror, it will tilt that one, and if you have it set in the middle, it won't tilt either.
I have a 2016 EX-L and the mirrors don't tilt....

·
Registered
2018 Pilot EX AWD
172 Posts

I wish my 2018 EX did that. I just tried it today and the mirrors don’t move. Oh well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
There is also a thread titled 'Things I didn't know about my Third Generation Pilot' that relates to this topic. The complete Owners Manual, available as PDF download or paper copy 740+ pages, is good reading also.

·
Registered
171 Posts
This is a strange feature but here goes...

I just changed the oil last night and I was determined to do it without making a mess. I jacked up the Pilot. I removed the front passenger side wheel. I slipped a quart zip lock bag over the oil filter as many have suggested and I ever so carefully removed the filter. To my delight the bag caught almost 100% of the oil! I was so proud of my self until I realized that I was so focused on the oil filter I had forgotten to drain the oil first.

My "I didn't know that" feature is that I didn't know that the engine oil does not just immediately drain out once you remove the filter. Which was good news for me otherwise I would have had a huge mess to clean up. :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Discovered a new one.

Was listening to live music on a Sirius XM channel. Made a phone call for a few minutes.

When I ended the call, the song continued to play from the point where I made the call... And the channel indicated it was no longer live. So I did not miss any of the song.

·
Banned
379 Posts
This is a strange feature but here goes...

I just changed the oil last night and I was determined to do it without making a mess. I jacked up the Pilot. I removed the front passenger side wheel. I slipped a quart zip lock bag over the oil filter as many have suggested and I ever so carefully removed the filter. To my delight the bag caught almost 100% of the oil! I was so proud of my self until I realized that I was so focused on the oil filter I had forgotten to drain the oil first.

My "I didn't know that" feature is that I didn't know that the engine oil does not just immediately drain out once you remove the filter. Which was good news for me otherwise I would have had a huge mess to clean up. :)
Never saw a car that would drain the oil. The filter is higher than the pan

·
Banned
379 Posts
If you shut off the car with the transmission in Drive or any gear I believe, using the push to start button on my Touring it will automatically put the car into Park and shut off.

If you open the drivers door with the engine running in gear and the seat belt unbuckled (such as trying to jockey into some marked parking spots and you are looking out the door at the lines) the car will go into Park automatically. First time this happened to me I thought while trying to back up I didn't realize it went into Park and that I had hit something which had caused the car to suddenly stop moving. The car had about 100 miles on it and I thought I had really messed up!!!

You can copy music from a USB onto the Hard Drive in the radio, thus no need to have C/D's laying around or a USB sticking out of the port. Your music is now stored on the car radio. Not sure if all trim models have this or if you need the navigation radio for it
Really?! I have an EXL, can I do this? Can you explain how? Sounds awesome.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Really?! I have an EXL, can I do this? Can you explain how? Sounds awesome.
Only works on the push button 9 speed transmission (Touring and Elite models) as far as I know. Your 6 speed uses a shift lever which would not move by itself.

·
Banned
379 Posts
Only works on the push button 9 speed transmission (Touring and Elite models) as far as I know. Your 6 speed uses a shift lever which would not move by itself.

I should have been more specific, my bad lol. I was talking about putting music on radio's hd.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts