Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

What was the FIRST movie that YOU (or your passengers) watched on your DVD player?

• Matrix?

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Braveheart?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Speed?

• Kid\'s Movie?

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Classic or Black & White?

• Other

Votes: 7 41.2%
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just out of curiosity, for those who purchased the RES, what was the FIRST movie that YOUR (or your passengers) watched on the DVD player in your Pilot?

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
" The Sound of Silence "

Umm ... No RES here ... get it ? Haha ... :confused:

;)

PrG

·
Registered
919 Posts
Jimmy Neutron, Boy Genius was our first movie and the second was Shrek.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Lord of the Rings! My kids still consider it the "Official Pilot Movie"

·
Registered
469 Posts
First DVD in RES

SpongeBob - Nautical Nonsense and Sponge Buddies!!! Grandkids love it...:5: :5: :5: :5:

·
Registered
465 Posts
1. Chicken Run
2. The Rugrats Movie
3. The Wind in the Willows

This sure beats lugging the laptop everywhere in order to show DVDs.

Waiting to go in the RES:

Dinosaur
Snow White
Muppets from Space

Reserved from Disney Store:

Monsters, Inc.

·
Registered
311 Posts
How many DVDs?

I use a tv/vcr combo in my pilot because I'm too cheap to buy dvds for my kids. They cost alot! The kids are happy with tapes of their favorite tv shows and a few purchased videos for many hours. I'd like to know how many dvds Pilot owners have purchased. It just seems like it could add up. With dvd burners coming down in price, I'm sure the dvd will replace the video cassette. But until then, I think I'll hold off on the RES aftermarket.

·
Registered
389 Posts
First movie is Rugrats in Paris.

For show or demo, I always play the Destiny Child DVD music video!

·
Registered
465 Posts
Mkell

I haven't bought any DVDs for the Pilot except for Chicken Run. Just using the ones we have had. I did order Monsters Inc, but would have done that regardless of whether I had the RES or not.

Actually, DVD prices are about in line with video cassette prices around here now. Just a buck or two more, and the quality is so much better. We still use the VCR in the house - too cheap to buy another DVD player until the VCR konks out - so I have a lot of Disney movies on tape.

Is there a process where you can put your VCR tapes onto DVDs? I would love to change all of mine over rather than (eventually) having to re-buy them. Just curious...

·
Registered
311 Posts
catbert

Well I know that my old vcr will tape anything that runs through the TV, so if I wanted to I could tape new dvds onto vcr tapes. I'm not really sure how the recording dvd will work, but I bet I could figure out a way to transfer video to dvd for an old kids movie if I wanted to. Of course the DVD quality would be very poor. I probably will end up taping tv programs onto dvd for the kids when we go on trips. The recording dvds need to come down in price before I get interested however. We'll see!

·
Registered
509 Posts
When we went to pay for our Pilot, we took...

James Bond - Live and Let Die

...along to test it out. We also used it to "demo" the DVD player for everyone.

Then we took 7 out to dinner for pizza in Old Forge and they were playing some Britney Spears live in concert (yuck!). Hey, I'm just the chauffer!

Also have been playing some Sheryl Crow live in concert too. Just realized that the DVD is great for playing music DVDs and just listening to them, even if you're not watching the screen!

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Jimmy Neutron

Jimmy Neutron...and how peaceful it is. That was until my 5 year old tried to talk with headphones on and didn't realize that he was screaming. He has since realized the in's and out's of the ole volume control. The DVD is also a great way for him to study the ole French (school) DVD's.:1:

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Cleverstupidity said:
Gladiator. I wanted Lord of the Rings, but my wife insisted on drooling on Russel Crowe.
Your wife is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO right. :) He was utterly scrumptious in that movie. "On my mark, unleash Hell..." (sigh)

Of course, that latest movie where he plays some whacked out math professor almost did that in. I hated that movie.

·
Registered
919 Posts
SteveLuman,

By the looks of your photo, I was hoping that procreation wasn't in your future. Please DO NOT post a family photo!

:D

Chris

·
Registered
919 Posts
copperpoppy said:

Your wife is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO right. :) He was utterly scrumptious in that movie. "On my mark, unleash Hell..." (sigh)

Of course, that latest movie where he plays some whacked out math professor almost did that in. I hated that movie.
My wife had the same opinion. She had the hots for Russell in Gladiator and said that he was "almost off" of her list after A Beautiful Mind.

Chris

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
xyzzy said:
My wife had the same opinion. She had the hots for Russell in Gladiator and said that he was "almost off" of her list after A Beautiful Mind.
(fanning self) Oh yes ... he is quite easy on the eyes. We definitely share the same opinion there.

Ask your wife what she thought of Val Kilmer in Tombstone.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Although we love Tombstone, Val doesn't do it for her. At least I've never had to hear about it!

Chris

1 - 20 of 30 Posts