Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1081 - 1100 of 1110 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
My pilot didn't replace anything. Bought it for $300 to turn into a camper. Criteria was that it:

Was cheap
Was clean and not rusted out and didn't smell like an ashtray
had a lot of room
did not have many problems even though someone junked it
its sorta off road capable

and if you rip out the second and third row seats building a bed is pretty easy and very functional, I'm 6'3" and I still fit inside with another person both completely stretched out.

the way the 1st and 2nd gen pilots are built there is also alot of storage under the bed if you build it how I did.
honda also seems to build pretty dependable stuff.

so really you could say that it replaced a hotel room.

·
Registered
74 Posts
My pilot didn't replace anything. Bought it for $300 to turn into a camper. Criteria was that it:

Was cheap
Was clean and not rusted out and didn't smell like an ashtray
had a lot of room
did not have many problems even though someone junked it
its sorta off road capable

and if you rip out the second and third row seats building a bed is pretty easy and very functional, I'm 6'3" and I still fit inside with another person both completely stretched out.

the way the 1st and 2nd gen pilots are built there is also alot of storage under the bed if you build it how I did.
honda also seems to build pretty dependable stuff.

so really you could say that it replaced a hotel room.
pics!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
2007 Toyota 4runner 4wd that I've had for 12 years. Absolutely no problems with it but wanted something newer with more features. Hopefully, this 2019 Pilot AWD will hold up just as well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2012 Kia optima hybrid. Put 119k on it. Sold it to a good friend who needed just that car. Really enjoyed it, but no longer have a killer drive and need room for the cherubs and in laws. Added the sill trim lights and all weather mats today. Looks crazy sharp.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello all,
New owners of a 2016 EX-L. Our EX-L replaced a decommissioned 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4. Typical New England body rot, frame cracks, and general dis-repair. We decided to step away from 4x4 trucks and see how the Pilot fills the need. I have a 10' open snowmobile trailer that I will be towing for a few dirt bikes, and whatever misc tow needs arise. We also have a 2006 Civic Si coupe (mine) and the wife drives a '09 Civic EX-L . I'm well suited to do all my own repairs and having worked on Hondas for the past 20 years I have developed a solid understanding of how they do things. We looked at Tacomas' , Ridgeline's, and 4 Runners. The Pilot suited our situation the best. Very happy with our Pilot find. We need a 3rd "floater" vehicle as we have our daughter who's finishing up her junior year at a college in Boston and she ocassionally needs a vehicle for employment transportation.

·
Registered
16 Posts
A Chrysler Town & Country that was taken out when a younger driver was a bit too optimistic about the ability to stop in snow and ice. Everyone was OK, but the minivan was totaled. We wanted to replace it with something with AWD/4WD and think the Pilot is far more comfortable compared to the T&C.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Replaced my 2006 Honda Accord LX manual transmission w/ 195k miles for a 2019 Pilot EX-L. Had a second kid and didn't have any more room for long trips with the two kids and a black lab in the back... Miss the manual transmission but I'm totally enjoying the comfort of the bigger vehicle!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Replaced our Ford Excursion, 6.7 V10, 216,000 on it. Kids were getting older and the need/desire for everyone to go on errands with mom was diminishing.
We have six kids, only occasionally miss the space of the Excursion, don't miss the gas mileage.
Love the additional safety features and ride of the pilot.

·
Registered
1 Posts
New to me '15 Pilot EX-L 4WD replaced my '04 Element EX AWD. It was so hard to let her go! We need the extra seating for the 3 grandgirls; can't leave 1 behind... not ok.;)😁

·
Registered
10 Posts
2011 Honda CR-V with 56k miles . Just wanted more room and safety so we got a 19 touring last August which now has 6k miles and has been in the shop for 7 days as the dealer is dealing with headunit and front speaker issues. The old Crv didn’t have any issues until the end when the a/c compressor went so decided to trade.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Just bought a left over 2018 Pilot EX AWD which replaced my 2014 Civic. I inherited my wife’s 2013 CRV that we bought new in August 2013.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee. God, I loved that car. Brought both my girls home from the hospital in it. Drove it all over the east coast. Never gave us any trouble whatsoever. Looked great on the road to the day I turned it in....three days ago. I'll miss that car. It felt like a close friend was moving away. Needed that third row though.

1081 - 1100 of 1110 Posts
About this Discussion
1.1K Replies
899 Participants
djorn2k
Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums
Piloteers.org forum community offers tech info, troubleshooting, modification DIY’s and discussion for the Honda Pilot SUV.
Full Forum Listing