Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1021 - 1040 of 1110 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
2005 EX-L replacd a 2005 Xterra S. The X was a very nice vehicle for an outdoorsman or outdoorsy couple who will use it often away from pavement. The Pilot is much more suited to my family of 5 and the driving that is involved there. That said, the Pilot does surprise me off road.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Nice 15yr old thread!

For us, 2008 VP replaced a lemon 1998 Toyota Camry. Interior durability in that car was TERRIBLE. Pilot has been great until the dreaded and feared cylinder 1 misfire reared its ugly head. But, it's taken us 160,xxx miles, on several 10-hour plus vacation drives, and hopefully will be my daughter's first ride if we can sort out the misfire.

·
Registered
75 Posts
My Pilot replaced another Pilot. Bought the '13 almost two years ago, replacing the '09 with 100k miles. The '09 replaced a WK Grand Cherokee Hemi. There's a good chance that the '13 will get replaced with another one as well...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sold my 2002 pilot a few years ago and regretted it daily. Finally bough an extra vehicle last week, I went with an 09 EX-L, feels heavier than the 02 as well as being larger.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Interesting topic. We just got a 2017 Touring for my wife. For it replaced her 2008 Toyota Matrix. For me it is replacing my 2002 Civic, as I'll be taking over her Matrix.

She wanted a bigger vehicle with AWD, her Matrix is still running strong and more practical than my Civic.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I replaced my 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited of 11 years with my 2016 Pilot AWD Touring. Overall, very happy with the change.

·
Registered
44 Posts
My CPO 2013 EX-L replaced my 2015 VW Golf SportWagen. The wagon was fun, but it was short on size, and width in the back seat. We're expanding our family from 3 to 4, so we needed the extra space.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Our 2017 Pilot replaced my 1999 Grand Cherokee, which had over 183k miles. Was a nice upgrade in many respects, but I do miss my old Jeep...

·
Registered
126 Posts
My 2017 EX-L replaced an Infiniti QX30. It’s like going from Piper Cub to a King Air, but I’m happy to be back in my third Pilot. It’s truly amazing how much thought goes into the Pilot.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Our '15 EX-L replaced my wife's '11 Rogue and my '12 Silverado simultaneously. Both were challenged with 2 kids and we plan on having more. I inherited a $1,000 Sonata from my mom as my DD.

·
Registered
17 Posts
My 2014 EX-L replaced a 2000 Ford Expedition. It's basicaly used for low mileage local transportation for the wife and towing my 2017 Smokercraft Ultima. Only has ~19,000 miles. Tows like a dream. Considering a Muzzler.

·
Registered
7 Posts
A gas guzzeling Ford Expedition that always had problems. This is the longest my wife has held on to a car. 2013 Pilot EX-L. 5 years.

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
2007 Accord EX-L Coupe. Killed me to trade it in, but we needed a bigger vehicle when we moved, and I couldn't afford to keep it and buy the Pilot. I also got rid of my other personal vehicle because I have a company vehicle. So, going down to one vehicle was also the reason we needed something larger besides the fact of needing to move three people, two dogs, and three cats 1000 miles.

1021 - 1040 of 1110 Posts