Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the concensus of opinion on what to use as a cleaner and treatment for the leather interior? Haven't had leather on a car in 25 years. Only hide that I maintain lately gets fed grass. Or it carries a pistol.

I'm also looking at the Weather Tech rear cargo area mat, that fit's behind the 2nd row seat. Anyone discount them? Or buying direct is as good as it gets for price?

FN in MT

·
Registered
44 Posts
I use the Honda leather cleaner and leather protectant.... seems to work pretty well.

·
Registered
70 Posts
this may sound stupid and i am sure i will get some "what the hell" responses, but i have always had positive results with.....pledge furniture polish. i bought some rather expensive leather couches several years ago from a reputable furniture shop and they salesman told me that is what he uses. i tried it, and i like it. i have seen no negative buildup, film, etc. works great for me.

i don't spray it directly on the seats. spray it on a soft cloth and apply

·
Registered
19 Posts
Love Griots Garage products. Their leather cleaner is terrific and they have a softener type product as well to treat and protect.

·
Registered
94 Posts
As a cleaner, I just use the ICE all interior clean. It works great on leather, vinyl, etc. This was recommended to me by a detailer. I used to use other products but they left a nasty greasy look on the vinyl and didn't go a good job at all on the leather. The ICE doesn't leave any grease and on my leather seats of my other car, they cleaned off black grime with light scrubbing

I have used Meguiars as well and they are pretty good. I haven't had luck with Lexol. They seem to require harder scrubbing on leather for me.

·
Registered
26 Posts
My favorite cleaner is cheap and works ridiculously well (better than any OTC or boutique cleaner I've used). Meguiar's APC+. You buy it in a gallon size and dilute to 1:10 APC to distilled water. Spray it on the leather, agitate with a leather brush or small towel, and then wipe clean. Works great.

There is no need to condition coated leather. Your best bet is to keep it clean. Doing that is what will prevent creases, wrinkling, and excessive wear. Do a "deep clean" with the APC+ every 6 months and regular maintenance wipedowns with a damp cloth. That's all.

Also, Optimum makes an all purpose cleaner (that is what APC stands for) that is better than the Meguiar's product but a bit more expensive.

Others have used woolite 1:8 or 1:10 with good results as well. If you want to use a boutique cleaner, Zaino makes a good one as does Leather Masters (strong foam). I have not been impressed by Lexol or other OTC products.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Love Griots Garage products. Their leather cleaner is terrific and they have a softener type product as well to treat and protect.
I agree.

·
Registered
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
785 Posts
+1 for the Honda leather cleaner, but then when I bought the new Passport the dealer tossed in a Honda Car Care kit with leather cleaner, cleaner for the dash etc.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I've been using up Mother's Reflections leather cleaner. It's fine.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Awesome to open another 8 year old thread ... :)

·
Registered
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
785 Posts
Hey, leather hasn't changed in a million years. and some people are just getting to a stage in life where they can afford leather. It's always useful information.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts