Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Honda Pilot
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 93,000 miles on my 2012 Pilot so getting everything ready for timing belt and serpentine belt. I'm looking at Rock Auto for the parts, unless there is a better place y'all recommend. So what brand for serpentine belt, Bando? They also have a belt drive component kit, one brand is $66 and the other is $205. They also have belt tensioner, idler pulley and tensioner pulley. Unsure of what exactly to get and the best brands, or just use another website to order from.

·
Registered
11,325 Posts
I would just replace the belt if the serpentine belt tensioner bearings are still turning smooth and quiet.
I have a Gates serpentine tensioner on a 2012 Crosstour. I replaced the original OE tensoner at 180k. It's now at 240k miles.
Bando is a good belt. I've got several vehicles with this brand.

Reactions: weiss27md

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
There's an Aisen-branded kit that gives you the OEM belt, water pump, tensioner and roller in one package. You'll want to add a new serpentine belt and tensioner/rollers at the same time. Rock Auto is a good source for all this stuff. Get the pulley bolt holder tool if you don't have one already. Get oil, filter, coolant, and new spark plugs to do the whole thing. I usually change all the coolant and heater hoses at about this interval, along with thermostat and gasket. Then no worries for another eight to ten years,

·
Registered
11,325 Posts
There's an Aisen-branded kit that gives you the OEM belt, water pump, tensioner and roller in one package. You'll want to add a new serpentine belt and tensioner/rollers at the same time. Rock Auto is a good source for all this stuff. Get the pulley bolt holder tool if you don't have one already. Get oil, filter, coolant, and new spark plugs to do the whole thing. I usually change all the coolant and heater hoses at about this interval, along with thermostat and gasket. Then no worries for another eight to ten years,
Yes to the Aisin kit for the Timing belt water pump job.

Reactions: Tahoefever

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
My bad -- misread the title and rambled off into the wrong sunset.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts