Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just traded my 2016 Touring for a 2019 Touring and in the process lost my Michelin Premiers that I put in in December. Now I’m back on continental cross contacts and there is noticeable ride difference.

I’m trying to figure out my options for getting rid of the the contis but not sure if I’m just going to have to suck it up or if I can get anything for them. They have less than 150 miles on them. Anyone been in a similar position?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
976 Posts
I have the same Contis like yours and think they are pretty good, smooth and quiet. Looking for the Premieres to replace them, but don't know how good the Premieres compared to the Contis. I would keep them till maaybe like 40 or 50 k miles before replacing. Don't know if you can sell them for a few bucks.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Just traded my 2016 Touring for a 2019 Touring and in the process lost my Michelin Premiers that I put in in December. Now I’m back on continental cross contacts and there is noticeable ride difference.

I’m trying to figure out my options for getting rid of the the contis but not sure if I’m just going to have to suck it up or if I can get anything for them. They have less than 150 miles on them. Anyone been in a similar position?

Go ask the dealer if you can switch out tires from your old car. You are giving them a brand new set of tires

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the same Contis like yours and think they are pretty good, smooth and quiet. Looking for the Premieres to replace them, but don't know how good the Premieres compared to the Contis. I would keep them till maaybe like 40 or 50 k miles before replacing. Don't know if you can sell them for a few bucks.
I had the Contis on my last pilot and then switched to the Premiers. Contis only lasted about 32,000 and had to be replaced. Premiers were superior in every way including feel, noise and wet performance. I will definitely be going with Premiers and highly recommend them. Can’t speak to longevity though.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
I had the Contis on my last pilot and then switched to the Premiers. Contis only lasted about 32,000 and had to be replaced. Premiers were superior in every way including feel, noise and wet performance. I will definitely be going with Premiers and highly recommend them. Can’t speak to longevity though.
Yep not to jack your thread but I'm at 4/32" or 5/32" on my Premier LTX tires with only 20,000 miles on them so far. (granted they come new with only 8/32" vs many others that are 11/32")

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep not to jack your thread but I'm at 4/32" or 5/32" on my Premier LTX tires with only 20,000 miles on them so far. (granted they come new with only 8/32" vs many others that are 11/32")

Oh dang that’s not good. See that’s what I can’t comment on because I only put about 5k on mine before the trade. I loved how they were so far, but that’s concerning.

Although if you have until 2/32, 5/32 is about half tread, so you could end up 35-40k which is better than I have ever gotten on any of my pilots or crvs. Also, those tires are marketed as being really safe and effective even when they are worn down so that’s promising.

·
Registered
5,047 Posts
Although if you have until 2/32, 5/32 is about half tread, so you could end up 35-40k which is better than I have ever gotten on any of my pilots or crvs.
If you live in the snowbelt, running tires down that close to the wear bars really isn't advisable for safe winter driving.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts