Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all -

New here to the group. My wife and I have decided that the Odyssey is "it" - then a few hours prior to our visit to the dealership - the thought of the Pilot came through our minds....things have been all about the Pilot since then.

We loved the EX-L Silver......and have found dealerships in So. Calif who will give it to us MSRP. However right now, my wife is tossing and turning on the price leap from owning an LX or EX or EX-L.

What decision factors did you use in choosing the Pilot for you?

Thanks....

Jason
IWANNAPILOT

·
Registered
919 Posts
Mechanically, both vehicles are the same. What I would do is sit down with your wife and a list of the differences between the styles and mark each feature that you would call a "nice to have", "really like to have", or "feel I must have". Take all others and cross them off the list entirely. Then do another price comparison using this shorter list and hopefully it will become obious if these features are worth it to you or not.

Chris

·
Registered
797 Posts
We wanted the EX! Would not forgo keyless entry, alloy wheels, auto shutoff headlights, etc. Not sure of all the differences, but you get the idea. Originally was going to get cloth due to having a toddler, but our dealer could not get us the EX cloth until Christmas. They had an EX-L in our color and we took it. The board was very helpful in recommending leather for our toddler. Skipped the DVD since we already owned a Panasonic portable and for the price difference, we could buy all the passengers their own portable DVD player. Look at the options and see what you can not live without. An extra thousand or so is no big deal when you are paying $30K.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My husband and I went through this when we bought ours. We knew we wanted at least the EX. But I went back and forth as to the leather. Cloth is a lot less maintenance (leather has to be cleaned and conditioned regularly.) However, if you have kids or are planning on kids, leather is a lot better on clean up - just wipe and go. I also think the leather is more comfortable - especially on a long trip.

Lisa

·
Registered
61 Posts
GO THOUGH THE CHECKLIST

See what options you want and if you can live with or without the differences between the EX and LX.

For us it was keyless entry, the mirrors and side bumpers were color coded, electric seats, auto air, alloy wheels, tinted windows and the list goes on. We figured that for a small amount of $$ more, the EX was the way to go. We also wanted cloth vs leather becuase our 70lb chocolate lab goes EVERYWHERE with us!!!

Good luck and what ever you choose, you'll be very happy with this vehicle.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Wanted the lx, just cause it was less expensive and I've never like leather seats, which are on most of the pilots ex i've seen on dealer lots.

but got the ex-l.

I'm a convert to the leather seats, very nice and comfy. And I like the other features as well, such as the Homelink, nice wheels, and (the much maligned) activity tray.

Go for the EX-L! (but get the nav too!)

·
Registered
389 Posts
This is my only advise. If you already have the model in order........ stop the research and just stick with it. It will literally drive you crazy having to chose due to options and money........ will it be the LX, EX, EX-L, EX-RES, EX-NAV or even the base MDX. Believe me this long wait on my order is driving me nuts....... the wait is killing me. I should actually stop reading comparisons.

EITHER WAY THEY ARE ALL GREAT VEHICLES!

GO HONDA! GO ACURA!

btw, also the wife told me to stop..... i think i am driving her crazy too.

:3:

·
Registered
168 Posts
I would start with the EX and go from there. The price difference is worth the features you get! Leather versus cloth? That is a personnal choice. I like leather for the clean up and comfort. If you tear leather, it can be repaired without notice, try that on cloth. Leather will hold up as tough as cloth, dogs included. Taking care of leather is no harder then cloth. The new leather wipes make sure of that.
If in doubt, go all out! No complaints with my Sandstone EXL-dvd!
Good Luck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts