Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #41
I had Bridgestone duelers on my pilot as OEM. Worst tires ever.
Yes, those new Continentals do look like a nice tire. But also $200. 馃槯
Seems like a lot of good tires are close to $200:( Also as xGS had stated above it's not the quietest tire. Seems like Continentals are the way to go unless something new comes up.

Registered
I have a 2020 Touring with the 20" wheels, and I was wondering what tires I should purchase after the originals go bad. The original ones are pretty quiet and smooth so I'm thinking about getting the same ones, but is there one that is even better than those? I never go off road so I don't need those tires.
I replaced the tires on my '16 Touring model in January. After doing quite a bit of research here & and on many online sites I had decided to go with either the Michelin LTX M/S or one that I hadn't seen discussed here, the Goodyear Assurance ComforTred Touring. I ended up going with the Goodyears and am amazed at how much better the Pilot rides, handles, and how much quieter the tires are than the OE Continentals. I bought them locally through our GM dealership and with the great prices and the rebates available at the time they were much cheaper buying locally than purchasing them online.

Registered
Discussion Starter #43
I replaced the tires on my '16 Touring model in January. After doing quite a bit of research here & and on many online sites I had decided to go with either the Michelin LTX M/S or one that I hadn't seen discussed here, the Goodyear Assurance ComforTred Touring. I ended up going with the Goodyears and am amazed at how much better the Pilot rides, handles, and how much quieter the tires are than the OE Continentals. I bought them locally through our GM dealership and with the great prices and the rebates available at the time they were much cheaper buying locally than purchasing them online.
I haven't had a good experience with Goodyear in the past, but I'll consider that tire when I'm going to get tires.

Registered
7.2 out of 10 would buy again. Not a bad choice for a 70k mile tire. Rank 13 out of 55 in the Grand Touring category. What I like is the 51 psi max rating.
May I ask what your final out the door cost for 4 tires was?

Registered
7.2 out of 10 would buy again. Not a bad choice for a 70k mile tire. Rank 13 out of 55 in the Grand Touring category. What I like is the 51 psi max rating. View attachment 136828 View attachment 136829 May I ask what your final out the door cost for 4 tires was?

Sure, I don't mind telling you what I paid. I will add that I upsized to the 255/55R20 mainly because I've always felt like the OE size was a bit undersized. Going up a size got me an extra 1/32" of tread, a larger load rating, and 80,000 mile warranty instead of 70,000. The 4 tires mounted, balanced, disposal fee, and 4 wheel alignment with sales tax was $1,083.90. Besides that I used a GMC Master Card and got a $200 rebate. (That made the 4 tires under $700 without mount, balance & sales tax. BTW for anyone wanting to upsize to these, Goodyear's spec sheet is a bit off. They will throw your speedo off almost 4%...

Here's a thread I was involved in about these tires back about 3 months ago.

Registered
2019 Pilot Elite OEM Continental Cross Contact LX sport 245/50/R20. I probably wouldn鈥檛 replace them with same tire. They seem fun after about 10,000 miles but show $250per on tirerack right now. Can find better cheaper.
I live in Michigan so got snow tires also. Wanted to go down to 18inch on steel rims but had a hard time finding rims for it in anything 18inch or above. Ended up getting Blizzak DMV2 245/50/R20 and sticking with the factory rims. Not my preference to use the good rims on snow tires but didn鈥檛 have much choice.

Registered
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
This is the closest I could find. You would need a spacer I do believe for the offset.

Registered
Sure, I don't mind telling you what I paid. I will add that I upsized to the 255/55R20 mainly because I've always felt like the OE size was a bit undersized. Going up a size got me an extra 1/32" of tread, a larger load rating, and 80,000 mile warranty instead of 70,000. The 4 tires mounted, balanced, disposal fee, and 4 wheel alignment with sales tax was $1,083.90. Besides that I used a GMC Master Card and got a $200 rebate. (That made the 4 tires under $700 without mount, balance & sales tax. BTW for anyone wanting to upsize to these, Goodyear's spec sheet is a bit off. They will throw your speedo off almost 4%...

Here's a thread I was involved in about these tires back about 3 months ago.

Link not working.
Nice discount on the tires. I commend you on the additional savings.

Registered
Link not working.
Nice discount on the tires. I commend you on the additional savings.
Yup, I was happy with the price. It's odd the link wont work for you. It works fine for me. There's not much more in the link than what I've stated here. The tires are great and a huge improvement over the hard riding, noisy OE Contis.

Registered
Yup, I was happy with the price. It's odd the link wont work for you. It works fine for me. There's not much more in the link than what I've stated here. The tires are great and a huge improvement over the hard riding, noisy OE Contis.
Hopefully some of those bad ratings that their Goodyear tires didnt last a year, are from people who didn't get their vehicles aligned. Goodyear is not ever a tire I'd consider, but you did make me look. I am impressed with the extra load range on a touring tire. I have a set of 80k mile Continental tires on a 2012 Crosstour that I doubt I'll ever reach the full term before 3 summers sun bake me into needing tire replacement. I'll never again pay anywhere close to $200 for a set of tires for my daily driver passenger vehicle. Now on my BMW I use run flats. It's the only set of Miches I own. :rolleyes:

Registered
my OEM Continentals we like 4/32 right around 36k...with chunks coming off them. They had been looking too worn after just 1 year but i stretched them till I couldn't any longer.. Other than that I liked them. I just bought the pricey top rated Michelin pilot sports. They seem to be good all around and will hopefully last much longer.

Registered
I live in Michigan so got snow tires also. Wanted to go down to 18inch on steel rims but had a hard time finding rims for it in anything 18inch or above. Ended up getting Blizzak DMV2 245/50/R20 and sticking with the factory rims. Not my preference to use the good rims on snow tires but didn鈥檛 have much choice.
Craigslist/Letgo/ebay I found many 18" and 17" but you also need to include Ridgeline in the search. Depends if you want alloy or the steel. Some Canadian members got from 17" from local dealers and Tirerack lists 17" and 18" packages.

Ridgeline Owners Club forums classifieds also. Many are selling the stock rims all around the country.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts