Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

What tire Pressure do you use on your Pilot?

Votes: 22 56.4%

Votes: 2 5.1%

Votes: 6 15.4%

Votes: 3 7.7%

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • more

Votes: 2 5.1%
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The pilot sticker calls for 32PSI. However the tires are rated for a max. of much more.

On other vehicles, I have found that my tires wear better a bit over-inflated.

On a Toyota Previa, (Calls for 35PSI) , the tires were rated for 44 max and I generally inflated to 39 or 40 cold. Wear over 40K miles was fine, and was even across the tread. Same idea on a Toyota Camry which calls for 30, but I inflate to 35 (the tire max rating). 36k miles so far and wear is even. This makes the ride a bit firmer- which I don't mind, and I do not get uneven wear that would indicate over or under inflation.

What pressure do you use on your Pilot Stock tires? Other brands?:2: :2:

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
I run 36-38 in mine. Provides less rolling resistance (better MPG) without any significant degradation in ride quality.

YMMV

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
I find anything above 32 gives too firm a ride. Still on the Goodyears, budgeting for Cross-terrains.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
After reading a few posts about tire pressure in here, I decide to inflate my tires a bit higher than the specified number of 32 when cold. I really haven't noticed too much of a difference in the ride, so, I'll stick with 34.

·
Registered
123 Posts
35 AW:)

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tire Pressure

Based on the Poll, the overwhelming majority of us are using the stock 32 PSI. I am using 37 and plan for now to stay there.

Thanks to all who replied and voted on the poll.

·
Registered
486 Posts
max -10%

On all cars I've owned, I always run the max pressure the tire is rated for minus about 10%. If the ride is way too firm I may adjust, but I prefer a firmer ride anyway, and tires run cooler and last longer with the extra air.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts