• Quality Fit and Finish

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Good Looks

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Value for Dollar

Votes: 9 9.5%
  • Intelligent Interior Layout

Votes: 4 4.2%
  • I can\'t choose, it was all of those things!

Votes: 55 57.9%

What Sold You?

4848 Views 28 Replies 22 Participants Last post by  rodmiser
So, we l:10:ve the Pilot...from small issues to starting problems...but what exactly was it about the Pilot that made the decision for you? What was the CLINCHER? What had you SOLD?
For me, it's hard to pin point one thing. But vote for the one stand out thing that you kept thinking about after you drove it. Mine was the overall driving experience...how dang SMOOOOTH the engine shifted and accelerated. That just stuck with me. By the way...0-60 times are 8.1 seconds. Pretty respectable for a 4,500 lb vehicle with the highest MPG in it's class.
:4:please add comments below...I know I'll miss something, there's just too much to like about this vehicle!:4:
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

· Registered
278 Posts
What sold me was bang-for-the-buck.....I mean $30K for all you get in a Pilot?? That would cost about $45,000 at those other car manufacturers.

The GM triplets (trailblazer, etc.) are only worth about half of what they actually cost, ain't bothering with an Explorer or Durango.......Nissan Pathfinder was really nice, but lacked leg/head room. Toyota Highlander lacked front leg room bigtime!

Sooooo.......guess what I bought? :D ;)

· Registered
44 Posts
I had first put a deposit on an MDX in October - - told me to expect delivery in December. I was a little uncomfortable forkin out the$$ -
In December when I called to check up on things, found out my sales person had left - and got really rotten treatment (no follow-up phone call,placed on hold forever, no one could find my order), So that was my 1st reason to go to my friendly Honda dealer. When I test drove it, I fell in LOVE!! I had a great salesperson, he got me what I wanted (the Nav. system).
I also love that its not a minivan!!
My very first car was a Honda Accord (1982) after 120, 000 I donated it - - Honda makes a good product!!

· Registered
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
barbmcs said:
test drove it, I fell in LOVE!! I had a great salesperson, he got me what I wanted (the Nav. system).
I also love that its not a minivan!!
My very first car was a Honda Accord (1982) after 120, 000 I donated it - - Honda makes a good product!!
I'll have to second that minivan comment...I'm sure they're the most convenient/comfortable for those with kids...but man, the minivan stigma. No thanks. Thank you Honda for making MY vehicle, I've been waiting for this for years!

· Registered
120 Posts
not a minivan

I guess I second 74PilotMom. I have had two minis now and while I have really enjoyed the convenience and versatility of the minis, I was in fact getting very tired of the whole minivan idea. I too looked first at the MDX because 7/8 person seating is still a must. I too was told to expect a 3-4 month wait. That was not acceptable. While on a trip with my wife, I was thumbing through the SUV magazines in an airport, while between flights. I noticed a reference to the Pilot. When we returned to Lexington, I went straight to the Honda dealer. They had an EX in stock. We drove it, loved it and put the money down for the HB EXL RES that we drive and love. Strong points: Honda, State of the Art 4-wheel drive, good mileage, roominess, in short, a 4 wheel drive mini in an SUV wrapper.

· Registered
143 Posts
The third row especially and price

I attended the Chicago Auto Show February '02. It was there; I saw the Pilot for the first time and knew I would buy one as soon as they were on the dealer lots. No regrets.

(Evergreen EX-L. Three boys and lots of traveling)

· Registered
170 Posts
74PILOTMOM said:
So, we l:10:ve the Pilot...from small issues to starting problems...but what exactly was it about the Pilot that made the decision for you? What was the CLINCHER? What had you SOLD?
For me, it's hard to pin point one thing. But vote for the one stand out thing that you kept thinking about after you drove it. Mine was the overall driving experience...how dang SMOOOOTH the engine shifted and accelerated. That just stuck with me. By the way...0-60 times are 8.1 seconds. Pretty respectable for a 4,500 lb vehicle with the highest MPG in it's class.
4:

For me it was a little of it all,First off- it's not a mini-van, I need the cargo room,my wife thought the extra seats would be great as our daughter gets older,we've had good luck with hondas before, the smoothness of the trans and good acceleration I loved but what kicked it over was my wife's test drive - she couldn't believe how easy it was to drive for a SUV and how smooth it was - that was it _ I was a lil torn between the Pilot and Highlander but my wife didn't even want to test drive the highlander,she wanted me to go with this
and when she saw the Sage she loved it(which was my 1st choice but I didn't think she would like it but luckily she loved it).
I 've had other choices since that I could have gotten into earlier but we held out and our wait is almost over, our baby will be here this week,I can't Wait!

· Registered
102 Posts
IT^s the handling . It's the all wheel drive. It 's the fit and finish.
It's the power seat. It's all the space. It's the dealer network. It's the fuel economy (good for a beast this size). It's the 5 speed automatic transmission. It's ALL the air bags. It's the outstanding dashboard layout. It's the ........ man, I could go on and on about ride , about how good this Pilot tows, and brakes and....... every single time we get in and go somewhere in the Pilot my wife (who was in the high line imported car business for 25 years and is very fussy about vehicles) ALWAYS comments on what a fine vehicle this Pilot is.

Enough said.
We are happy happy campers in NEW JERSEY

DJS
2003 SS EX # 09131

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.