• Quality Fit and Finish

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Good Looks

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Value for Dollar

Votes: 9 9.5%
  • Intelligent Interior Layout

Votes: 4 4.2%
  • I can\'t choose, it was all of those things!

Votes: 55 57.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, we l:10:ve the Pilot...from small issues to starting problems...but what exactly was it about the Pilot that made the decision for you? What was the CLINCHER? What had you SOLD?
For me, it's hard to pin point one thing. But vote for the one stand out thing that you kept thinking about after you drove it. Mine was the overall driving experience...how dang SMOOOOTH the engine shifted and accelerated. That just stuck with me. By the way...0-60 times are 8.1 seconds. Pretty respectable for a 4,500 lb vehicle with the highest MPG in it's class.
:4:please add comments below...I know I'll miss something, there's just too much to like about this vehicle!:4:

·
Registered
481 Posts
8 passengers got it in the game
other features like:
AWD
higher ride height
Honda
width
price
not a van

made it the top choice.

Rob

·
Registered
204 Posts
Third row seating.
AWD
Name Honda

·
Registered
283 Posts
the HP/gas mileage

The SUV semi offroad capability, along with good gas milage for a vehicle of its size

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
None of the above - It was a HONDA! :29:
Gotta say I was impressed by how it handled and turned.

·
Registered
17 Posts
We had pretty much decided to buy the Pilot before we test drove it; based on reviews (professional and testimonial), looks and Honda reputation. Not to mention we were in the market for a larger-than-a-sedan vehicle. After driving it we were sold.

So, for us, there wasn't any one thing that clinched it. In fact, we felt that a few minor things missing (sun roof, heated seats). All available aftermarket so no biggie.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
KyleD17 said:
We had pretty much decided to buy the Pilot before we test drove it; based on reviews (professional and testimonial), looks and Honda reputation. Not to mention we were in the market for a larger-than-a-sedan vehicle. After driving it we were sold.

So, for us, there wasn't any one thing that clinched it. In fact, we felt that a few minor things missing (sun roof, heated seats). All available aftermarket so no biggie.

Hey Kyle...
Really would like that sunroof too but it'll have to wait. :(

Don't see you in Havasu's Vin Table... If you have a second you might want to go over here...
http://www.honda-pilot.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=921
and post your Pilot info. :29:

Safe Piloting!

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
It came from a great line of ancestors (namely the MDX and Odyssey) which have a great track record -- made it easier to buy a first year production model...

·
Registered
725 Posts
My Selling Points

1: Amazingly smooth engine with plenty of guts!

2: Transmission that is as smooth as buttuh!

3: Huge amount of interior space, even thought the PILOT looks smaller on the outside.

4: HONDA's reputation for quality and reliability

5: My wife's Accord with 180,000 miles on it and it still runs like a champ.

6: Value for the dollar - 30 grand gets you a loaded 4X4

7: The 4WD/AWD system

8: Like others have said - proven track record with Odyssey/MDX.

9: Third Row Seating that folds flat into the floor (my expedition was a pain in the butt getting 3rd row seat in/out)

10: Great dealerships in Las Vegas, NV and Littleton, CO.

That's my list - didn't think it would be a "top 10 list" until I started typing.

PILOTinginCO
Sagebrush Pearl-EX
Parker, CO

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Yeah, I'd have to agree that it was the test drive that did it for me and my wife. We drove quite a few SUV's in competition with the Pilot, but the test drive just made our decision so much easier.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Room for one, but really sold me was it had a H on the front of it!

:D

·
Registered
204 Posts
gopilot said:
Room for one, but really sold me was it had a H on the front of it!

:D
Why did you not buy the Santa Fe, it has a fancier looking "H" on the front? It also offers room for one. :2:

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
Hmmmm, for the wife and I it all started when we decided that we needed more room to haul our portable dog kennel and 3 Shih Tzu's!!! Had a near-new Buick Park Avenue that was extremely comfortable to drive and provided excellent gas mileage. A hard act to follow when considering a SUV!

Did a LOT of research on the web for mid-size SUV's and at one time thought either the Envoy or TrailBlazer would be the top choice. The deeper I got into it, the stronger the Pilot looked, compared to anything else out there ('cept maybe the MDX). When you look at residual value, the Pilot/MDX (or most any of the Japanese offerings) are FAR better than any of the domestic SUV's. Having owned MANY Honda motorcycles, I had no reservations about Honda quality and reliability.

The top items for us were:
1) Large amount of versatile interior space.

2) The 4WD system.

3) 3rd row seating option.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Have to agree with Sage

Although I was almost sold on the Pilot before I drove it, after I made my first U-Turn, it was a matter of how fast I could sign the papers.

Houston traffic is bad and most of the drivers are worse, but the Pilot's handling, braking make it fun.

;)

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Seats 8
State-of-the-art 4WD system
Honda quality
Great Local Honda Dealer

The Ody and MDX are great vehicles, so I figured I couldn't go wrong with the Pilot. :D

·
Registered
991 Posts
HiFlyer said:

Why did you not buy the Santa Fe, it has a fancier looking "H" on the front? It also offers room for one. :2:
Never!:16:

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
How could I leave that out!?

So, I didn't have my coffee before I posted the poll...but there's no excuse for me leaving out #1) VTM4/AWD system and #2) It's a Honda. The big H is really the main reason I bought mine. I even had them written down, then omitted them somehow. Pregnant brain...Sorry! I wish I could edit the poll for us.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
204 Posts
gopilot said:

Never!:16:
I know that it is an insult of Honda to be compared with that Korean thing, I was just trying to be funny!! :15:
Cheers!

·
Registered
138 Posts
SUV (for wifey)
Honda (for me) + handling + interior space + looks ! :29:

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
a2Pilot said:

" S N I P P E D "

The Ody and MDX are great vehicles, so I figured I couldn't go wrong with the Pilot. :D
Okay, I couldn't resist any longer -- sorry, but I have to add this (apologies in advance to Democrats and those in Massachusetts.):

John F. Kennedy and Robert F. Kennedy were great political figures so I thought I couldn't go wrong with Edward M. Kennedy..." ;)

Attachments

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.