Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Santa said I could buy a breaker bar for each of our Pilots!
I'm going to get a HF breaker bar, and will need the correct socket to go on each.
I'm also getting a clicky Torque wrench too! I currently have an OLD- beam type- too hard to really see exactly where the little needle is pointing too, etc. I want to feel the click.

I searched, but couldn't readily find the socket size for the lug bolt?

TIA

·
Registered
Glorificatus Oleum Mutante
12,320 Posts
Just looking at RockAuto
Gen 1 19mm
Gen 2 22mm
Gen 3 22mm

Reactions: The Todd

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Santa said I could buy a breaker bar for each of our Pilots!
I'm going to get a HF breaker bar, and will need the correct socket to go on each.
I'm also getting a clicky Torque wrench too! I currently have an OLD- beam type- too hard to really see exactly where the little needle is pointing too, etc. I want to feel the click.

I searched, but couldn't readily find the socket size for the lug bolt?

TIA
If you torque your own lug nuts to spec, you won't need a breaker bar to loosen them. It's the guys in some tire and brake shops you gotta worry about. I've learned to retorque my lug nuts after a tire change, rotation/rebalance, flat fix, brake job, etc.
Some torque wrenches can be used on both right and left hand threads. If you get one of those, it should be able to safely loosen anything you tighten with it.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The 1/2 " HF Pittsburgh Torquely wrenchy thingy is only $9.99 w/ coupon right now!!
Mixed reviews, but it should work OK.

Thanks for the opinions about the lugs, torque, etc. I agree w/ you.
Hand tight is enough. No need for torque tool. But it's just me.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Reactions: aloogatr

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here's a 22 at HD, it has plastic coating for nice mag wheels too!

·
Registered
615 Posts
The 1/2 " HF Pittsburgh Torquely wrenchy thingy is only $9.99 w/ coupon right now!!
Mixed reviews, but it should work OK.
15% off everything at HF this weekend.

I've got both the 1/2" and 3/8" HF torque wrenches. They're fine. If I was using them every day, I would probably upgrade, but if my muscle memory is an accurate indicator, they're pretty consistent.

Their breaker bar is a no-brainer, though. Long, cheap, heavy. For a tool that's about brute force anyway, it's perfect.

·
Registered
2003 Pilot EX-L 4wd
159 Posts
Ha! Just purchased the 1/2” click torque wrench and a set of 1/2” sockets to the tune of ~$30 today from HF. Picked up some plastic trim removal tools while I was there, too. For things you don’t use often, HF is the place!

My cross bars might be from there too....😬

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,860 Posts
I'm going to tempt fate here and just answer off the top of my head without reading previous answers or checking the manual.

Here goes:19mm

After bravely hitting "Post reply" (or "Fools rush in where saints fear to tread"), I will check posthumously.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,860 Posts
Ooh, I nailed it from memory. The exhilaration! Working without a net. I've never felt so alive.

(Of course I was referring to the 1st gen, it goes without saying.)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.