Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am finally picking up my Pilot next Saturday and would like to have the dealer install mud guards. Since I am paying $350.00 less than MSRP for my ESL, I want to make sure the dealer does not try to rip me off on extras. Thanks

·
Registered
168 Posts
The rear muds on Pilots go for $61 installed. It is a painless install with no moving parts, so if you want to inquire into a DIY install, get with Tim and check out his price.

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Go to the Honda web site

I would not pay more than the amount on the "Build your Pilot" page.
If you can use a screwdriver, I would do these yourself.
They are cheaper from on-line stores such as hondacuraworld, and easy to put on.

·
Registered
226 Posts
$35 to $45 range

for a part and DIY. there is already a forum describing how to do the install, and it's so easy. It also gives you a sense of accomplishment. Good luck.

Welcome to the Pilot family

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Be realistic

Not everyone wants to DIY.

I personally would not recommend it if you are not comfortable with regular use of a screwdriver. (E.G. Would you put up curtain rods or similar)

·
Registered
449 Posts
At MSRP, they were just part of the deal for me. You can buy them online for $30 (see if your dealer will match prices) and I would not pay for more than a half an hours labor to install (which is probably generous). Or if you can turn a screwdriver, you can install them yourself. There are some very good pictures and discussion of how to put them on yourself (via Copperpoppy) http://www.honda-pilot.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1061

·
Registered
116 Posts
The dealer should not charge for more than half an hour of work. It took me about that time to install it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just wanted to let everyone know that I finally picked up my new Pilot today. Not only did I pay $350.00 under MSRP(dealer offered a Costco Auto discount), but they threw in the mud guards for free. For those of you who are interested I bought it at Honda of Nanuet. I was extremely happy with my entire experience there. Since I live in New Jersey, I was able to enjoy the 30 mile ride back home in my new Havasu Blue Pilot...didn't even kind the rain!!!

·
Registered
900 Posts
Welcome Janice! What a nice choice of Pilot color!
What's your VIN? follow the link in my signature... welcome to the Pilot family.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts