Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

41 - 42 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
4,900 Posts
Thank you all for your feedback. I’m doing the test drive today. If I end up getting the vehicle I’m going to do the timing belt, spark plugs, valve adjustment, and s-vcm right away. Is there anything else you’d all recommend doing RIGHT AWAY?
I wouldn't necessarily do a valve adjustment if there wasn't obvious valve clattering.
Air filter.
Replace air intake tube if brittle/cracked.
I'd do drain and fills of Full Synthetic Valvoline MaxLife ATF until I was satisfied that the fluid was clean.
Antifreeze/Coolant flush with timing belt water pump job.
Power Steering fluid flush.
Brake pads if needed.
Brake fluid flush if dirty.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I’ll add to what NG said. I’d do the the trans fluid if it’s at all dark. The power steering fluid you can do yourself. Get a turkey baster or mighty vac, two bottles of Honda fluid. Suck the fluid out of the reservoir, fill it back up with new, drive for a bit, suck it out, fill it up, etc. Do it 3 times or so and you’ll be golden. The coolant should be in great shape assuming it’s OEM blue. My coolant was very clean when I did it a couple months back on my 2013.

Or you can make an offer on mine with 50k less miles with all this stuff already done since my wife wants an Audi or Mercedes. Only issue is a shake at speed. Otherwise one owner touring, garage kept, obsidian blue pearl, and has everything done except the valve job which it’s far from needing still. Timing belt I diy‘d in August. (Not my first tbelt either, done a lot of them). I say the above half kidding, maybe. ;-)

41 - 42 of 42 Posts